Author Topic: SEA is a write-off - HTC got any plans to fix it?  (Read 108 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
SEA is a write-off - HTC got any plans to fix it?
« on: July 26, 2002, 10:54:10 PM »
Well, another post 1.10 ToD was nothing short of a horror story. The lags and warps were shocking - for everyone. The CMs do an awesome job in organizing it, and for many of us the ToD is the -real- Aces High. So it is a real disappointment for the ToD to be ruined by the hardware.

BoB is coming up soon as well.

Today we had 160 people in ToD and the server and/or bandwidth could not handle it.

HT/Pyro are there any plans to fix it? or even use the CT (which IMHO is way underutilized) resources into the SEA?

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
SEA is a write-off - HTC got any plans to fix it?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 05:54:04 AM »
Sorry to hear it's still so bad Vulcan. :(
 I finally gave up on the Friday TOD last week. Although I will probably try it again for at least one frame as each new one comes out to see if things have improved.

I still find the Euro TOD's just about playable but only because the numbers are lower and I plan to try the snapshots out but only because they are not eating into my sleep time. (the Friday TOD is just not worth staying up until 4am for). All routes apart from the MA seem pretty poor from my end at the moment. Certainly if it is a bandwidth problem (Which most seem to think it is) adjusting the "Max" for the CT, DA, TA ought to be a good (and cheap) idea If there are others like me who really want to fly in TOD's but  currently just end up frustrated attracting new pilots is a non starter. :(

TTFN
snafu