Author Topic: Warbirds reaction to Arena Announcement  (Read 239 times)

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Warbirds reaction to Arena Announcement
« on: July 29, 2002, 02:36:56 PM »
This is interesting reading:

http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8621&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

The concept was very well received.

edit: playing with formatting and color :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2002, 09:57:34 AM by Turbot »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2002, 02:44:45 PM »
Heh, The AGW crowd has come along way from the days of "Take your AH off this board and shove it!" to "sounds like EXACTLY like what I have wanted for years!"  :)  That, and the fact that theres very little to squeak about anymore in AH except this latest little CTD bug (which, I might add, will be squashed and I'm basing this on the reputation that Pyro and HT have had since flying their sims since 1995)

Thanks for the link, I just hang out in the OT forum there, rarely go into the general forum.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 02:47:30 PM »
One thing they still haven't learned...don't argue with Revvin, lol.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 03:07:10 PM »
I think most of 'em know better than to doubt these days.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 03:39:01 PM »
DONT PANIC!!!!!   DONT PANIC!!!!!

ARGHHHH!!!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2002, 04:18:16 PM »
Seems a lot of guys think the same about the demo....let them try it again to see the new changes from X amount of years ago.  I've got friends who would like to try the new version online but used their sample/demo a year or so ago.  HTC may want to revisit that policy so that those who want to review AH again can do so.

Just a thought.  Seems to be some real interest

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2002, 04:23:00 PM »
These wouldn't be the same guys that cheerfully fork out $35 to buy some game that got an average review in a game magazine, even though they know it's probably a loser and they won't be able to return it?

:D

The idea that the Mission Theater may at last bring the very worst of the "true believers in the holy grail" to our little corner of heaven is a bit.... terrifying.

Maybe HT ought to rethink the whole idea.

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2002, 04:48:04 PM »
I'm not sure what's more surprising; Tone is still there or he hasn't changed his sig.

I'm trying to remember how many years he's had that up there...though I suppose it is the Squad motto...

Dweebs of Death; who brought you RW, among other things.

We now return you back to your regularly unscheduled DSW.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2002, 04:54:35 PM »
I was bored at the office and managed to find AGW again.  I saw the title there and I was suprised at the very civil, even enthusiastic, response of the warbirds guys.

You can't but be more and more impressed with the HTC guys.  You know, they MIGHT just know what they are doing after all? :)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2002, 09:56:16 AM by Turbot »

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2002, 05:28:29 PM »
Turbot, either quit playing with the editing, or select a bigger text please. :)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2002, 09:43:14 PM »
after reading revvin on agw and simhq I think I have learned my lesson as well. He can argue with the best of ummmmm.

I am still right about bombers though ;)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2002, 12:17:17 PM »
Good reception and some nice comments from those I never thought would contemplate even trying AH which is a complement to how much HTC have moved AH forwards. Of course you still have those who think we're talking about some arcane alchemy and should be burnt at the stake as witches :rolleyes:

Oh and BTW you're wrong  about bombers Wotan :D I also happen to think Makazzio is Jay Littmans love child ;)