Author Topic: More on the latest CA kidnapper  (Read 183 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
More on the latest CA kidnapper
« on: August 03, 2002, 05:09:48 PM »
Just some more information gleaned from the local paper here in Ridgecrest, "The Daily Independent." I'm not sure if you guys realize, but the two girls were abducted approximately 90 miles south of Ridgecrest and the rescue occurred near Onyx, just 44 miles away. There's not much between Lancaster and Onyx. It's pretty desolate territory. Ridgecrest is the biggest thing going for 80 miles in any direction.

Anyway... the news...

- The two Sherriff's deputies first on the scene were Larry Thatcher and James Stratton. Both are from the Ridgecrest sub-station.

- There was one report that the white bronco was seen on Downs Street, Ridgecrest early Thursday.

- Cal-Trans workers near Walker's pass reported sighting the white bronco.

- It's believed that Ratliff lived in Ridgecrest in 1995 on Balsam St. It's also believed that he worked as a maintenance man at a local child day care center.

- Ratliff was a parolee.

- Ratliff was wanted on a $3 million warrant from the Kern County Court in Mojave.

- Ratliff was a suspect in the 1996 murder case at Village Liquor in Ridgecrest. Later investigations determined that he was not involved.

- Unconfirmed report that Ratliff was charged with a domestic violence crime against his wife.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2002, 07:23:56 PM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2002, 07:11:54 PM »
I think we need to have a waiting period and background check before you can buy a white Ford Bronco, at least in California.;)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2002, 07:27:17 PM »
LOL    Good one, Durr!  :D
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century