Author Topic: Salute to SirLoin and TRiMMeR...  (Read 172 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Salute to SirLoin and TRiMMeR...
« on: September 27, 2001, 01:43:00 PM »
It was a Tuesday afternoon and all I had was about an hour to jump on.  When I arrived it was damn near straight up midnight and dark as hell.  It appeared that the knights had done well previously, as there was quite a bit more bases than what should have started out.  The numbers however had seemed to leave during the nightfall.  I upped a LA-7, 3 cannon load out.

Took off north with WEP trying to grab quick as the base I choose was under somewhat of an attack.

“Hmmm, new folks on” I thought as none of the green nics were recognizable.  Then I saw the icon, TEMP and F4U.  “Damn, this is gonna be quick” as I sacrificed the little altitude I had for speed and in they came.  Not together mind you but spaced enough to know that they were experienced.  Two other friendlies were around but in the same boat as I was.

The fight was quick, a few turns, an Immelman, loop, pull hard to about black out and take a snap shot.  Never saw the rounds even hit.  Then the message came “You shot down SirLoin”.  He threw a salute and I hurriedly got one back as the F4U was still around.  

The F4 had gotten in a tangle with the others and was now trying to escape.  The engagement had now placed me slightly above and to the 6 of the F4.  I dropped in and after a few scissors I raked a wing.  Then another came, “You shot down TRiMMeR”.

One hell of a way to start an evening out having those two nics notched on my LA.  When I had realized that SirLoin was in the TEMP, well, knowing the way he can fly the Spit V I was honored to down his perk.  Same goes for TRiMMeR in his Corsair.  Just had to say Salute to you both once again.  Got the old ticker thumping quick!  ;)

Zippatuh

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2001, 02:35:00 PM »
La7 dweeb!   :p  hehe, good job tho!

SirLoin just isn't used to flying that fast, he's used to that Slow Spit V.   :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
I remember that fight Zippy.You pulled a nice lead shot there as I tried to turn the Tempest like a SpitV..(Insert Graemlin with Dunce cap here)..  :D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**