Author Topic: HTC can you please enable FW190A5 in the New Arena.  (Read 246 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
HTC can you please enable FW190A5 in the New Arena.
« on: August 08, 2001, 09:53:00 PM »
Its very nice but for some reason the FW190A5 isnt enabled for use, which seems very odd. Can you please fix this oversight.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2001, 09:55:00 PM »
109F4 isn't enabled either...

What year was the 109G2 arriving on the front lines?

Maybe the 190A5/109F4 aren't enabled because they are early war planes.

Just something I thought up after I logged off.
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2001, 09:59:00 PM »
SpitV is earlier than both 109F4 and 190A5, yet its included.

It just seems a simple oversight on HTC part. No bigge but wed appreciate it fixed.

Oh yea SpitIX is a tiny bit earlier than 190A5 as well.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: GRUNHERZ ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2001, 10:02:00 PM »
You're right, I didn't notice that.

Looking at the MOTD.txt shows 6 planes on the British side and 6 planes on the German side.

Maybe they are trying to keep the sides even in terms of aircraft types available?

Dunno.
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2001, 10:11:00 PM »
If thats the case, Id gladly trade the 109F8 to get the 190A5. Its more appropriate historically for the scenario, as it was the SpitIXs and Typhoons most common LW enemy in the west during 1942-1943.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2001, 12:51:00 AM »
Would be nice to have the A3.  The dogfighter of the a models   :eek:
- The Flying Circus -

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2001, 12:56:00 AM »
A-3 wouldn't be any better than the A-5, Hajo.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2001, 07:50:00 AM »
1AM central time:19 in new arena, 60 some in MA, hmmmmmmmmm.

8AM central time: 3 in new arena, 58 in MA, hmmmmmmmmm.

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: 1776 ]

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2001, 10:04:00 AM »
Funny how people just *have* to instigate.

We have our HA. Does it hurt you MA - endless furballing niki vs. f4u types for it to be there? No.

I'd rather fly with 25 people in an arena and have somewhat historical fights then fly with 100 people and be gangbanged by planes of every shape and color and squeaking over chan 1 about whatever crap flight model they think is etc etc..
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline filadawg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2001, 10:30:00 AM »
you can say that again moose, Last knight  :D was great, Keep up the good work HTC.  You guys brought Christmas early.  Thanks a Million   :D

Fila

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2001, 10:56:00 AM »
He's pulling numbers from between 1AM EST and 8AM EST...

This happens to have predominantly American customers/players...

I think that most are at work or getting up for work, or sleeping to be ready for work around those times.. which would explain why there aren't closer to the numbers around 9:30PM EST last night.
-SW

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
Salute HTC. Very good addition indeed  :D

I really look forward to the steps in this direction of realism, and more historically accurate fighting. I think it is definatly the way to go.

I think that games in general are going to a more realistic approach. This is definatly the right direction.

The only thing that I personally have a problem with is

A. it seems that Fuel burn is someone shortend for the span of time that a fully loaded plane can fly for, given the distances that we are covering.

and

B. the Range finders are still on enemy planes.

Other wise I really do LOVE! the reduced icon levels... I could spot a G10 by its markings at 5k out. It was Very Faint, but able to see. <S>

I think the Furball (MA) is fine for those that are seeking nothing but endless (forgive me MIndless fights).

For those that want teamwork, Enhanced gameplay and more of a strategic challenge the ???"Combat Arena"??? is the Choice  :D

Combat arena will be my new home. Please possibly just increase the Plane set options.

<S> again just for the heck of it, I know you guys are busting your hump trying to get things underway. Its all comming along excellent.

<S>

Cyas in the new more realistic areana.  :)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
Has anyone tested the range of the Bf-109G2 with just a full main tank and no drop tank?

It should stay airborne for around an hour and fifteen minutes or so.
-SW

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Glad the CA is up.

DZ- I'm sorry man but I have to take exception to a couple of your comments.

Less strategic, less teamwork, mindless fights in the MA?  I think that is totally an unfair characterization.  

Case in point.  412th FS had 6-8 P-51D's up last night (it wasn't squad night).  A mission was run to capture A63.  Several other rooks joined to take the B26's and C-47 there.  

On the way over a group of 6-10 high bish P-51's show up in defense of the A63.  Turns out to be the Screamin' Meemies.  The 412th is fighting at an altitude disadvantage but have no choice with the Meemies in position to pounce so begans an organized clash between 412th and the Meemies over 63.

The 412th ends up fighting into 2 ship formations, each team having to work itself out of some dire predicaments while trying to cover each other and cover the other teams.  Our RW channel is filled with chatter of "tallies", "I'm in", "here he comes", "watch that p51 at..".  

Here's just a snippet of the problem-solving and coordination as I winged with Midnight in our 2 ship formation.  P-51D comes diving down on me in the rear quarter with fast closure.  My brain is racing through my defensive options.  I go into a shallow left turn to try and prepare to force an overshoot.  P-51 sees this and slows his closure.  I see that we're co-E, and begin a zero-g extend to try and get more distance between him and his buddies.  All the while Midnight and I are communicating.  Midnight is swinging around during the bounce.  P-51 sees Midnight coming and breaks off my 6.  We form up in a combat spread and try and extend to grab alt.  2nd P-51 starts an attack run on us.  We watch to see who he decides to track and it's Midnight.  We execute a cross-over with Midnight and myself turning into each other as Midnight drags the P-51 toward me.  The P-51 see's this and quickly breaks off.  This is just a small sample of the action that was occurring.

Mindless fights, no teamwork, no strategy?  I have to disagree.

To boot, approximate duration: ~8 minutes to the fight, ~10-20 minutes of ACM, ~8 minutes back to A1 to re-arm and refuel.
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2001, 03:56:00 PM »
Dtango come to the historical (combat areana)

could use good teamwork like that there.. <S>