Author Topic: scoring question  (Read 287 times)

Offline Smaug

• Zinc Member
scoring question
« on: July 28, 2002, 07:04:07 AM »
RE: Vehicle/Boat - vs. Objects - Hit Percentage

Most folks have a 0% here, but not all. Does this figure represent poor shooting rounded down to 0, or is there a particular target type that this score represents?

In other words, how does one get a non-zero score here?

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: scoring question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 07:09:24 AM »
Originally posted by Smaug
In other words, how does one get a non-zero score here?
As I understand it, by hitting ground targets - town buildings, hangars, etc.... something I don't do a lot of in vehicles....  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Smaug

• Zinc Member
scoring question
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2002, 08:07:07 AM »
Thanks Flossy, but I didn't give you enough info.

I have hit ground targets such as ack-ack, buildings, other vehicles, etc... using a Panzer and an Ostwind. I have values for 4 out of the 5 scoring categories, i.e., Damage/Death; Damage/Sortie; Points; and Field Captures. I have a 0% score in the Hit Percentage category. It just doesn't seem that I can be missing so much that I am lower than 1%. Very curious.

Checking some of the top ranked guys in here I noticed that many have a score in the Hit Percentage category, but many do not, leading me to believe that it must be a very specific target that the Hit Percentage category is relating to, or a very specific ground vehicle to be used. Just guessing though.

I'll try to attach a screen shot illustrating the scoring category in question. I'm not really familiar with this bulletin board stuff, let's see if this works  ;-)

Offline niknah

• Zinc Member
scoring question
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 03:58:48 AM »
i used to have 0% here too, try getting a pt boat and hitting a ship.

Offline Smaug

• Zinc Member
scoring question
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 12:52:31 PM »
thanks niknah, I'll give it a try.

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
scoring question
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2002, 05:09:42 PM »
I believe the rockets on the PT boat is the only thing that is currently affecting that hit%.
It doesn't seem to matter if you hit either a ship, or structures at a base.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Smaug

• Zinc Member
scoring question
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 09:20:38 AM »
Thanks Snefens.

BTW; I also want to thank you for making your head position files available. As a brand new AH gamer last December, I was VERY confused by the tremendous amount of set-up for this game. Default settings are NOT newbie friendly. Your head position files gave me a great place to start.

Personally, I'd like to see them implemented as the default settings. As my squad came over from Air Warrior, one of the first things I had them do was download your HP files. Then I taught them how to adjust from there. Big contribution. Thanks again.