Author Topic: More Ordnance types !!  (Read 1641 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
More Ordnance types !!
« on: August 13, 2001, 01:53:00 PM »
ok I think most of us agree, that the GP bombs and rockets we have now are ok... but kinda blah...
Suggestion #1
The current GP bombs, they seem to have a pretty limited blast radius.  Increase the power, leave blast radius alone, and call em AP. (mebbe not worth it with the 100lb'ers)
Introduce new HE eggs, not as much damage as the AP, and a MUCH larger blast radius.
Application of above:
A target requiring 2000lbs for example to destroy.  2 DIRECT hits with 1000lb APs, destroys target. 3 1000lb HEs will do the same job, however 1 direct hit and other 2 real close.
HE limited effect against hardened targets, and tanks.
AP required for sinking warships, HE limited effectiveness

Suggestion #2
More ordnance types!!
The british used at least 2 different types of rockets, 25lb SAP (Semi armor piercing) and 60lb HE

The list of german ordnance is extensive to say the least, but its about time some of this weaponry made its appearance.

Cluster bombs/bomblet things, para frags, fuse delayed bombs for lo level drops etc etc.

I dunno, but it seems to me that some of this stuff would require very little labour to add to the game.  The AP and HE bombs for example don't even need any new models.
Some of the rockets, may only require a new model and tweaked damage effects.

Just some damn good suggestions

SKurj

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
More weaponry would be nice.

Typhoons actually used napalm at one point - that would make for some nice screenshots.  :)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
Yep--and napalm could be made to be more effective against the fuel tanks, ammo dumps, and the drunks (heh heh--u ain't gonna like the smell of burnin flesh).

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2001, 11:15:00 PM »
I want napalm to drop on unsuspecting C47s deploying troops!  wooowoooo!!!

SOB
Inevitable Quote: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2001, 11:44:00 PM »
Yup, Brits tended to use 25lb AP(solid) rockets against shipping and the 60lb HE against ground targets(even though they were designed to be used the other way around!).

Russians had by far the most different types of ordinance available for their planes though, you just don't hear about it because they aren't "cool" like the Germans...

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2001, 06:10:00 AM »
Agree with more aremement options, lots of neat things that could be added, specially now when we are getting trains and railroad/road systems implanted. 190 F8 need some rockets IMO, Napalm would be nice for Allied fighters, don't THINK LW used it.

Para Frags, skip bombs for anti shiping purpose, german ground skip bombs (drop a little ahead of tanks, skipped to the tank with a delayed fuse) etc. It's not only the number of planes that make a game good, it's allso the small details such as aremement.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2001, 07:23:00 AM »
I agree!

Current bomb blast radius does seem small.

Would love to see AP/HE/Cluster munitions modeled & available for loadout.

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
      • http://www.keithreid.com
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2001, 08:22:00 AM »
Forget Napalm, what we need are the trained bats with the incendary devices tied to their legs! Just remember to keep the alt low. <G>

Charon

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2001, 10:25:00 AM »
Bombload on C.205 please. They did have provisions for 320kg of bombs. What about the British "Grand Slam" bomb. How heavy was it? If HTC ever makes a B-29 i want nuke!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2001, 10:30:00 AM »
Yeah, we need a B-29 with a nuke.

After all, it was deployed and saw combat.

Unfortunately, only the US side is going to have it, I guess. But history is history.

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: Toad ]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
I would like to be able to choose AP/HE ammo and combo's there of. Like we can do with the Panzer.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
Jugs dropped napalm, I think in both theaters as well.  Maybe somebody more knowledgeable to fill in the details, but I remember seeing some of the color footage in the Thunderbolts: Conquest of the Reich special.

Napalm would just have so many cool uses.  :)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »
I'd be happy just to see fuse delayed bombs for skip bombing even though to get close enough to any target to actually employ them would be a suicide missions.  ;)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
More Ordnance types !!
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Soulyss:
I'd be happy just to see fuse delayed bombs for skip bombing even though to get close enough to any target to actually employ them would be a suicide missions.   ;)

How about parachute bombs.  :)