Author Topic: I wont start a flamewar.  (Read 801 times)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2000, 05:43:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:
I wont change aircraft. I'll see if it is fixed in 1.03. But until then I'm done here as I cant use the only advantage of 190,its power dive.

AS you see I dont close the door to a return if it is fixed.

BTW hitech was online last 2 deaths. I told about this on #1 channel in a quite fair and calm way. He didnt answer at all.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2000, 05:46:00 PM »
RAM, it's likely a rolling pull on those g's.  I consistantly pull 6Gs at over 500ias in 190, but I always do it steadily.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2000, 06:08:00 PM »
How did U set the PITCH increments in the Joystick setting ?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2000, 06:08:00 PM »
It probly is worth nothing, but I found that 75% of my wing pull offs were the result of Stick Spiking. Switched to another stick and now 100% are the result of pilot error  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2000, 06:12:00 PM »

Originally posted by Saintaw:
How did U set the PITCH increments in the Joystick setting ?

in incremets of 10%. Top at 95%.

My yoke may be a F·$"ing toejam of only 2 buttons, but I experience no spikings at all in it.It is very very stable.

I had once that problem,tho. I was trying a Gravis Destroyer and in a pullout I broke the wings. I nthe film I saw that I experienced a spiking and the Gload went up to 8Gs.

this isnt the case now. No spikes at all (and no blackout, too)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2000, 06:16:00 PM »
Too bad RAM.. I hope things get better for you. It's odd though... I mean, you've been flying the 190 for ages. Just *recently* (a matter of days) you've been having this problem. On HTC's end, the 190 hasn't been changed in I don't know how long. A lot longer than the last few days. The problem sounds like it's on your end to me. Maybe your flying different, maybe your stick is hosed... I dunno... But I don't think HTC have messed with the 190 recently.

In any event, I hope things get better and you reconsider. Cheers!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2000, 06:21:00 PM »
Nash I experienced it a lot of times. But they were sporadic things...and well one each 3 days is something I can manage ok.

But not 6 deaths in a row. No this way. The thing started yesterday night, and today same story.

I am quite sure that 190 model hasnt been changed. No reason for it. But I cant stand dying a 7th time in a row. And I love 190 I wont fly anything else (I sometimes do in 109, but my main ride is 190), and so I am leaving it until 1.03 comes...and if I still experience that problem then It will be definitive (until it is fixed or someone tells me whats going on).

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2000, 06:24:00 PM »
I tested out the g tollerance of the 190 and filmed it.

It took me full up trim and 500mph and over 9 g's (the accelerometer was off the scale  
to get anything to fall off.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2000, 06:29:00 PM »
then some resistance commando has make its path into my Fw190 provider's factory. Because If I go any faster than 400mph and pull anything over 3G my wing says bye bye (not tested it offline. Just repeating what happened to me 6 times in a row online)

Fw190 SHOULD stay ok in high G loads at any speed. It was one of the sturdiest and more compact airframes built in WWII. Its wing was made of ONE piece. It was a drawback because if damage was done you had to remove ALL the wing, but it was sturdy as a rock.

and for sure it didnt break in a 400 mph 4G pullout.

funked

I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2000, 06:31:00 PM »
This is a weird bug.  Some guys seem to lose wings all the time, but it never happens to me.  I think it's happened to me maybe 3 times since I started playing, and only one time was I pulling significant gees.

JENG

I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2000, 07:26:00 PM »
Don't leave RAM... we need ya you crazy SPANISH BARCA LUMP  

BTW without you who's sister are we going to hit on  

Bee

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2000, 07:44:00 PM »
Well, the 190 model hasn't changed in the last few days, so it ain't software related. Since I troubleshoot for a living, it's one or a combination of 3 things.

A. What Fatty said.

B. Hardware - Get a new stick, as in USB so it's consistant AND calibrated, ALL the time.

C. Change the pilot, cuz the plane is fine. :0) (Meaning find out what your doing diffrent all a sudden)

Dude, although I really like the image of you on a CH Pilot yoke cursing, that crappy analog yoke is making AH so unplayable your quiting and dogging the flight model which isn't good PR, or fair.

Send me your address, Ill ship you a USB Digital Wingman Extreme free of charge, Federal Express even.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2000, 08:02:00 PM »
RAM, wings ripping are sensitive in this game, I took the habit of puiilng out of fast dives using trim only. I never ripped doing so.
Stay in my loco neighbor.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2000, 08:30:00 PM »
Dammo Creamo.. a fine offer. You are hereby upgraded in rank from Chute Killin Dweeb to Chute Killin Gentleman Dweeb.   Salute; sir!

Seriously.. I suspect you are right; and this is a local problem with something on his system. Sure hope he lets you help.. yah helped solve my system troubles a while back; and I appreciate it!

RAM.. plz don't just pack up and bolt... JG2 needs you.. too many of 'em are flyin stolen allied planes as of late.   If this keeps up and you leave they're gonna get a rep as the 'Phoney Baloney LW'.

We gotta find a solution.. let Creamo help! (just don't bail in front of him; he can't help yah then!  )

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
I wont start a flamewar.
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2000, 10:26:00 PM »
No offense RAM, but did it occur to ya that you pulling too hard may be the cause of the problem?  

I fly the 190 almost exclusively now. I haven't ripped wings in God knows how long, it's been a period of months.

Not trying to dig in the dirt, but remember the time you said you covered an F4U with 20 mm sprites? I was online for your tirade on channel 1. I figured you would probably start a thread on the BBS about it. Came to the BBS, and sure enough there it was. I requested that you email me your film so I could post it on the web for us all to download and view and make our own judgements. You sent me the film, but you didn't want me to post it. So I didn't.

But I can tell ya this, that F4U you shot up shouldn't have gone down in my opinion. It didn't appear to be badly enough damaged. If I would have done that kind of damage to an F4U and looked back and saw him tumbling to the ground, I would actually be surprised.

Why did I bring up the F4U gunfilm?

Not to try to embarass you. Just to point out that there are times when we all get pissed at the game. We can't believe that this actually happened! But if you step back and think, "How did that happen?", "Could I have prevented that from happening?" you will be better off.

In my experience in these flight simms, I have learned that every death that I suffered, probably 99% of them were MY fault. I made a bad decision somewhere along the line that led the bad guy to my six, whether engaging too many cons without enough squaddies around, to just generally being too low.

If I had my guess you were probably going faster than you thought you were and pulled the stick just a little too hard.   We've all done it buddy. No big deal.

The truly great pilots I've run into take their buttkickings, evaluate why it happened, then replane, learning their lessons without getting too emotionally involved in the process.