Author Topic: planes out of gas n ditch, solution  (Read 272 times)

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
planes out of gas n ditch, solution
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2002, 08:23:36 PM »
Whels, you're a good guy, but I think you lost it on this idea.

How's this for a solution...

Know your aircraft's fuel economy, calculate how much fuel will be required to accomplish your mission, monitor your fuel capacity while in flight, and RTB when your fuel reaches your pre-determined 'BINGO' point.

---

The one and only way I would even think this is remotely a good idea would be for actual fuel trucks to be available which could spawn from a re-arming point. The truck could be driven (by another player) to your aircraft where it could be given more fuel.

In this case, it would be to save a fellow pilot from receiving a ditch when they landed at/near a friendly field but didn't have enough gas to actually make it to the re-arm pad.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2002, 09:50:47 PM »
Originally posted by gatso
Wlfgng, lol :D

Must say I very rarely ditch for lack of fuel, when it is I've usually got a fuel leak and run out fairly close to base.  Most times I ditch it's because of radiator hits.  

Goons/PBY's/H8K2/Whatever coming to rescue/refuel me would be very sweet.  Can only see squaddies doing it though and I'd only ask if I was close to a home field.  Maybe if the rewards (perks) were high enough a few people might risk it.  Maybe a percentage of the guy you picked ups perks plus X amount per pilot rescued?

Wouldn't it be really cool to shoot down a '47 after him rescueing 5 guys and see 6 chutes come out?  :)  Chute shooting heaven.  :D

Gatso

about as gamey as landing on enemy Vbases or Airfields and getting safe landing. hummm guess u never ran outta ammo  and or fuel capping a base Midnight and landed at the enemy field?
 u always go back to the CV or field u took off from?

what im proposing is not 25% gas or more, just enough (about
size of a DT load) to get u back home. i rarely if ever run out of
fuel before i make field, unless i get a fuel leak.

whels

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2002, 12:13:32 PM »
Originally posted by Midnight
Whels, you're a good guy, but I think you lost it on this idea.

How's this for a solution...

Know your aircraft's fuel economy, calculate how much fuel will be required to accomplish your mission, monitor your fuel capacity while in flight, and RTB when your fuel reaches your pre-determined 'BINGO' point.

---

...and then hope that you don't get a hole in your main tank.
sand

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2002, 12:31:07 PM »
Originally posted by Revvin
If you have historical reference's of this exact operation being conducted on more than a few occassions then fair enough but I've not heard of such an instance.

I swear I saw it in Bahbahblacksheep, using the Duck:p  And don't tell me that bahbah Blacksheep is not historical!!!

P.S. Dam those 70s looking nurses were hot!
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------