Author Topic: What is needed to make a Historical Arena succeed  (Read 588 times)

Offline Professor Fate

• Copper Member
What is needed to make a Historical Arena succeed
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2001, 08:14:00 PM »
Why don't you try practicing what you preach AKDjV?

Just don't come of as if it is on behalf of this community.
Next time try... just don't come off as if it is on behalf of ME.

You do not know this community.
And you do AKDjV?  please tell me what it takes to know a community.

This bbs is not the AH community.
Good one mind telling me where's it's at?  What is it that YOU think qualifies something as being the AH community.  Remember don't speak for me just tell me where YOU think it's at.  And if you do I hope you understand it's your opinion and it prolly won't mean crap to anybody here.

They aren't trying to apease everyone with one solution... that's just not possible.
Hmmm, and what makes you qualified to speak for 'they'.  Speak for yourself, you know, that requirement you demand of everyone else?

From a member of the AH community

Btw buzzbait nice ideas hope to see some of them take root.  :)

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: Professor Fate ]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2001, 08:59:00 PM »
Ah.. welcome to the discussion proffesor fate.

Next time try... just don't come off as if it is on behalf of ME.

Touche'.  But at least I participate in this game.  I log on and fight in the arenas that buzzbait is suggesting be changed.  He does not.

I don't sit back and pretend to know what everyone in another arena wants.  I don't sit back and think looking in the window is the same as being in the party.

And you do AKDjV? please tell me what it takes to know a community.

Experience.  Experience.  Experience.  You have a little.  Buzzbait has virtually none.

I'm sorry, but someone who has not even flown in the arena he is critiquing is offering advice on improvements... no... not advice... he is telling HTC exactly what they need to do to be successful.. afterall.. he has alot of experience playing flight sims.  Of course, very little playing this sim.

Good one mind telling me where's it's at? What is it that YOU think qualifies something as being the AH community. Remember don't speak for me just tell me where YOU think it's at. And if you do I hope you understand it's your opinion and it prolly won't mean crap to anybody here.

EXACTLY.  That is what makes it my oppinion dickhead.

That is what makes my intrusion into this thread my oppinion.  It is my opinion that this poster doesn't know toejam about this game except for what he has glommed here on the bbs.  He is very good at posting what he thinks people want to read here.

It is my oppinion that you are one of the lemmings that hops on the "hey this is just what we wanted to hear" boat without really considering what is actually being said in the post because your so impressed by how well it was written.

Yeah buzzbait... this one is almost as good as the "I'm just totally new but think you should make these radical changes because they are so obvious" and "though I've never flown the chog because I think it is a dweeb plane, I believe it is overmodeled".

Yep... read the bbs long enough and you think you are sooo in tune with everything.

Of course, read the bbs long enough and you begin to spot someone that's full of toejam from a mile away.

Saw buzzbait coming from 2 miles away.  You'll see it eventually yourself mr fate.. though you'll probably not be quite as vocal about it as I tend to be.

Hmmm, and what makes you qualified to speak for 'they'. Speak for yourself, you know, that requirement you demand of everyone else?

I'm not speaking for "they".  They have two seperate arenas.  They have spoken for themselves.  Open your eyes bud.

AKDejaVu

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2001, 09:15:00 PM »
S! DV

This is getting funnier.    :)

Now I remember.  You were the guy who the first time I posted here, accused me of being Fishu, or someone else.

Man you should start offering paranoia classes.  You'd do very well with UFO crowd.

I am pleased to say I do not feel the need to retract anything I've posted on this board.    :D

I'm gonna leave the rest of this thread to you DV, you're digging yourself a deeper hole than I ever could.

By the way, I hear you're a pretty decent flyer...  Or is that just more of the usual bull that is on these boards and nothing to do with what the community really thinks...

;)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2001, 09:24:00 PM »
No buzzbait.. it wasn't the first time you'd posted.  You even admitted that later.

You just claimed it was.

And that post smelled identical to this one.  Nothing a little air freshener won't clear up though buzzbait.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2001, 09:28:00 PM »
fishus english is very distinct

i could mark his words irregardless of handle easily just like i marked tussin as being guntard 3 days ago  :)

i was wrong about fester tho. i thought he was nath, but he wasnt.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
Fatty keep your British nurse.I want a French nurse! Make that two.  :cool:

Frodo

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: Frodo ]

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2001, 01:33:00 AM »
LOL DV I remember when you joined AH, I had been a member of the community since beta and you were a NEWBIE, now you come off as some kind of "old vet" who knows all, of course I haven't been a member of the "community" by your terms since I logged off in May but I still "lurk" around on the bbs and have a HTH account.  I think you need to tone down your self rightous self and let some of these guys make their suggestions who knows maybe just maybe Dale will like some of em.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2001, 02:11:00 AM »
Buzz,
Some very good observations and suggestions in your post!

DjV,
I seem to remember that your are always right, but I never could have guessed that you are really SO FULL of yourself    :eek: ....having a bad day eh?

Do you think that posting in every thread makes you qualified to decide what people can or cannot say? You are the "AH community" spirit and police? Get Real!!

Anyone participating in this bbs and in AH in any form (even H2h) is just as good "community" member as YOU are and their opinions are just as valuable... quite often far more valuable.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2001, 03:59:00 AM »
anyone else think that Deja qualifies as:

a Royal

or is he...

Arebel Leader

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2001, 07:40:00 AM »
yeah.. you have me pegged bigjim.  I didn't come into the game until mid beta-2.  :rolleyes: I really came off as an old vet too.  I mean.. they way I... er... wait... how was it I came off as an old vet when I was a newbie to the game?

As far as them making suggestions.  If you or anyone else might notice... THE SUGGESTIONS WERE MADE.  If HTC likes them, then fine.  Unless I have some magical power to erase the statements in the first place that I'm missing here?

But then, I've never claimed to have been here from the start.  I just claim to have been playing the game.  Once again.. that is a far site better than the original poster.

I don't feel it is my position to be king of anything.  I don't feel I need to have some kind of following on this board.  I do feel that if someone posts something like what was posted here, he should have some background with the game outside of a two week trial prior to 1.04 being released.  And before they start citing the shortfalls of an arena.. THEY HAD BETTER WELL HAVE PLAYED IN THAT ARENA.

AKDejaVu

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »
hmmmmm what part of "now" didn't you understand DV LOL

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
Ah.. gotcha bigjim.

Let me ask you this question since you haven't played since may:

What do you think of the new arena?

AKDejaVu

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
Anyone know how to capture streaming audio *.ram files?

Would like to know.
-SW

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2001, 09:00:00 AM »
didnt you forgot to set Yaks in Baltic tarain ?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
"INFLIGHT STARTS"

This is too gamey in MY OPINION (special note to DJVU  ;) ).

The climbout and forming up are the great and a lot of fun. And should be a part of every HA type of environmwnt.