Author Topic: dumps  (Read 243 times)

eye

dumps
« on: June 05, 2000, 03:07:00 AM »
 Hey it seems ah is dumping people more these days. I got 3 tonight. I dont think its fair that my k/d was killed because of dumps. I dont play that quit the game when im going to die stuff like a few do. I live in canada and usually have a rock solid connect those in far off countries realy suffer the way its set up now. A dump should be a proximity kill like if you fly a guy into the ground. Not a guy around me tonight when i dumped Why should it affect my k/d! No joke this is not cool!

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
dumps
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2000, 03:31:00 AM »
I'm not so sure that it is net related eye. Recently, I upgraded my Voodoo 3 3000 to a Riva TNT2 Ultra(CL) and with it dumps to desktops started happening! Every now and then for no reason, Aces High will just plain quit! Like I hit alt F4 or something! Never happened before, period, with the V3. I've also started to disco occasionally also, that is ending up at the 'Choose Arena' screen. I haven't tried the latest drivers for the card, using the drivers that came with it. But, I'm not so sure the latest drivers for the card are gonna make any difference. I am using the latest version of DX.

Strange the changing vid cards caused me the dreaded 'Desktop Dump'!

ts

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
dumps
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2000, 04:04:00 AM »
I also use a Riva TNT2 Ultra, but those 3-4 times I`ve been discoed (Since Beta) it has been the connection, not the videocard.

But if you dont have the latest drivers installed, I sertainly will recommend you downloading them, and then see if it makes any difference.

Bad drivers can make the weirdest things happen to your computer, thrust me , I know    

------------------

The Wild Vikings
Commanding Officer
lasse-

[This message has been edited by lasse (edited 06-05-2000).]
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

eye

dumps
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2000, 05:25:00 AM »
5 of 22 went down with me. All of us multiple times. Still net or driver related dumps with no one around stink. I want my 3 dumps back they killed what was a good night k/d  wize for me.

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
dumps
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2000, 07:10:00 AM »
I have gotten a lot of "Host Connection Lost" messages also, tis a bummer, but less of a bummer at flat rate than at $2.00 an hour.

I am guessing it's a net problem, but no reason HT and Pyro can't make sure the servers don't need a tweak.

What are the IP so I can run UO Trace or whatever?

------------------

"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.
    lkbrown1@tir.com    
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Wrecking Crews "Drag and Die Guy"
Hals und beinbruch!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
dumps
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2000, 08:11:00 AM »
I don't think I wanna "thrust" Lasse.

Now, a cute female brunette of the species homo sapiens sapiens is a different matter.

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
dumps
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2000, 08:11:00 AM »

Originally posted by Downtown:
What are the IP so I can run UO Trace or whatever?

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
dumps
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2000, 10:59:00 AM »
I would believe it was server related. Yesterday night SFRT was bombing A28, 3 of us got bumped. (Off course, beyween our first pass and second pass)    

We came back up, re-raided the field, sent 2 goons... both got dumped, 1 already landed droping his 9th troop. <--- another    

Both cases, some other people got bump too... hum, I would say it's Knigths new Secret Weapon hehehe.

------------------
Olivier "Frenchy" Raunier
        www.sfrt.net

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 06-05-2000).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------