Author Topic: Can Join Be Even More Immersive?  (Read 98 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Can Join Be Even More Immersive?
« on: August 16, 2002, 04:54:08 PM »
Been enjoying the .Join command, hitching rides with a few of the top rated players to try to improve my flying.  Fascinating to watch some of their techniques, but it could be even better if there were an option for total immersion, i.e., views slaved to the host pilot views, and full cockpit gauges active including fuel, ammo expenditure, climb rate, all compasses, rpm, accel, manifold, firing sounds, everything the host pilot sees and hears.

It would be great to keep the present rider independent view controls as an option, but even there it would help to have full instrumention views and to hear exactly what the pilots hear including their gun sounds.

I searched previous posts and the manual, and asked in the main arena about this, but couldn't find anything.  Somebody thought there was an observe command, but if so I couldn't find it.  

The game obviously has higher priorities, but this would be a welcome enhancement in some future upgrade.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous