Author Topic: Just need some feedback  (Read 92 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Just need some feedback
« on: August 15, 2002, 06:26:18 AM »
Guys and gals.  I need some assistance here please.

Currently I have a Logitech Wingman 3D Digital Extreme.  I am getting a toejamload of Don't move your controls rapidly messages when barely touching this.   I have tried to adjust damping, and whatever the other bar was last night (I'm too tired now to remember).  AKOwl shot me down twice in his F4U, while in a 109.  Am I using this as an excuse?  Not really, I ususally do VERY GOOD against hogs and it should have been a more interesting fight between us AKOwl.   I keep getting these messages within 1.5k of a con, and getting shot down because of them and it's pissing me off.  

I am SERIOULY looking at getting the Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II for 82 bucks directly from them.  Then in the rudder pedals for Xmas.   Or is there another quality product there?

Does anyone have feedback concerning the Top Gun Afterburner II.  There is no way in hell the "little colonel" (my wife) will let me get the HOTAS Cougar.  

I also realize this belongs in the hardware section BUT I need people to look at this and possibly help me in anyway.   I have reported a bug in the Bug Forum and it has been ignored.  

Thank you in advance,

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Just need some feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 06:39:30 AM »
The thrustmaster afterburner is a nice stick for people on a budget.  It looks like a cheap toy, but is very well built.  If you're not going to spend over $80 on a joystick, it's one of the best around.  The original afterburner is only $50, the only difference I know of is that the Ab2 doesnt have a missile button cover, and it's black.

My favorite feature on it is the option for rudder control.  You can either use a normal joystick twist, or lock the twist (The lock is very solid, when locked you'd never know it's a twist stick, unlike some other sticks that still have a lot of give to them) and use the rocker on the throttle.   I've found the rocker to be MUCH better for flight sims, since moving the stick doesnt also inadvertantly move the rudder.

ALSO, if you use windows2000 or XP, most games don't have such nice joystick config options as AH does.  Thrustmaster is one of the few joystick manufacturers outside of microsoft who has full-featured 2k/xp drivers, allowing deadzone and sensitivity curve adjustments.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Just need some feedback
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 06:46:59 AM »
Innominate, I have XP Pro as my OS.  

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Just need some feedback
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2002, 09:53:13 AM »
You can't go too wrong with a Microsoft Force Feedback.  Then you can forget all that deadband stuff - it's an optical stick (no POT's).

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Just need some feedback
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 12:43:04 PM »
I'd recommend saitek cyborg 3d USB...
adjustable for left or right and size of hand.  Probably get one for under $50 USD

I use one with CH Pro pedals very happy after changin from an MS Ppro.  It has nice long throw as well

SKurj