Author Topic: How to remedy the N1K  (Read 342 times)

Offline rammjagr

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.san.rr.com/airpower/main.htm
How to remedy the N1K
« on: August 10, 2001, 10:37:00 PM »
To make it fly more realistically we must give it realistic pilots.

Not many Veteran Japanese pilots got to fly this thing so lets just write to some code that does not allow anyone with a combined rank above say..... 800 fly them without being charged Perk Points.

Now since "some" N1K's did have veterans flying them, Veterans should be charged a hefty price of 25 perkies to mount up in one. Hey , that might stop the N1K's from doing that .25 second, 180 degree turn to HO you , right?

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2001, 10:56:00 PM »
The best way to remedy the problem that people have with the Niki is a very simple one.  Copious amounts of 50 cal bullets will cure it's so-called "over modelled" FM.  I have also been told that 20mm has also been known to correct the errors in the Niki FM too.

-math

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2001, 11:53:00 PM »
I'm with Math on this for obvious reasons.  :D

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2001, 12:00:00 AM »
And yet another way to fix the "problem" is to let Pyro do what he said he is planning to do and look it over for errors.

I've heard that just screaming things over the open channel any time you engage one and kill or are killed by one helps too.
"Die Nik Dweeb"
"Wah, I want my mommy"
"Stupid UFOs"
"BS Niki!"
"My popsicle hurts!"

etc...

SOB

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: SOB ]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2001, 12:39:00 AM »
There is a way to remedy the N1K... learn it, don't fly your plane into its stengths, KILL it! The reason guys fly the N!K is it has a lot of advantages (obvious..hehe)! But, every plane has certain advantages and the N1K "CAN" be beat regularly!! I have always respected the silent types (the DREX type for example) that simply learn there plane and there enemies. They know & fly there planes(whatever they may be) to its stengths & their ability, they have good SA, they make good diciplined decisions (most of the time hehe), they have good gunnery, and KILL N1K's or what ever. The part I respect about this type pilot is that they know that one plane may be better than another.. but .. they also figure out how to beat it the majority of times! They don't usually come in here and campaign to change or modify this plane or that, they leave that for all us guys in here to do  :)  They spend there time in the TA or offline instead of typing here and then come into the MA and let there guns do the talking. I am not talking about myself here ..just other good pilots that have impressed me. I think for me I'd reather try and beat the N1K that way then to have HTC change it. As soon as the N1K would get changed then another plane would be dubbed the new Dweeb Ride..
Besides, I ALWAYS get more satisfaction when I beat a better plane or a good pilot then I ever do about a gaggle of simple kills. We are all different, but for me, that what keeps you coming back!

Salute

Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2001, 05:48:00 AM »
Heh, I'm with Mathman and Thunder on this one  :).

though i suspect that a very light plane with a huge engine roaring at full throttle going vertical with little wind flowing over its wings would be susceptible to a tremendous torque. Since there's little wind over the wings to counteract it, I really wuld have expected it to start rotating around its own axis.

But I'm not an aeronautical engineer. I might have misunderstood that bit.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2001, 05:56:00 AM »
IMHO Niki FM problems are all in the vertical plane. Look over those issues in the FM.

As for dealing with nikis all you have to do is be careful, make good decisions, and run away if you sense the fight swinging over to it.

Plus many niki pilots are rather poor flyers who often dont check 6 and are generally idiots when it comes to ACM. sometimes this makes them rather easy to kill. Sometimes I can outurn them in the 109 and 190 thats how poor some are.......

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2001, 05:59:00 AM »
Hehe SOB, reason #5 got me laughing hard. Be warned: might use that in the MA if provoked.  :D

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2001, 06:10:00 AM »
U guys have learned to deal with it along with most of the plane set by now...
These "Whaaaaa NIK ufo!!" posts come up when someone gets shot down by one cuz they made a mistake...

deal with it...

SKurj

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2001, 06:33:00 AM »
I have to say that I flew the bird yesterday. I came in on a P-38 and he dodged me so I continued away. I was pulling away at about 100yds every 5 seconds. I then went into a virticle and to my amazment was caught by the dam P38 as I stalled over. Not only that but as I gained control I see this P38 do a roll and come nose down after me. He never got farther than 350yds from me and out turned me, he kilt me. Either I am not allowed the advantage that this plane show when its against me or something was wrong. Maybe they already fixed it? Or maybe it was the fact that the P-38 was the uber "Fester"! Not too sure what I think of some of the stuff that guy (or gal) does.

Anyway, I think I will just keep trying to kill the N1K, since it only really gets me with HO's.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
booky, your problem was not pulling hard on the stick. Pull hard on it, loop quick without losing much E. Any plane, especially the 38, will be in serious toejam very quickly after the 2nd time you do that.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2001, 07:29:00 AM »
Rx for the N1K2?  

Gang bang the hell out of evey one you see.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2001, 07:35:00 AM »
Yeah right...

I approach a medium-speed niki at hi speed from his 9 o'clock. He breaks hard into my direction and levels for HO shot. I don't manoevre, I blow thru into a gentle verticle (ie I don't pull enuff Gs to even start to black out, I keep them low).

The niki then does a complete HARD and tight 180 and proceeds to climb with me in the zoom, catching up and spraying from about d800 out.

1) he wasn't going fast I was
2) he performed two hard E sucking moves (90 and 180)
3) I barely performed any moves (ie blew thru)

Throw in the limitless 20mm and these guys just finger the fire button and don't let go.

These days I just HO Nikis, 4 x Hispano's tends to fix the FM quite nicely. Amazingly a number of niki's have started to pull bizzare evasives everytime the see a nit Tiffie bearing down on them now (especially the hordes of rook nikis).

Originally posted by SKurj:
U guys have learned to deal with it along with most of the plane set by now...
These "Whaaaaa NIK ufo!!" posts come up when someone gets shot down by one cuz they made a mistake...

deal with it...

SKurj

:)

Offline Fastbikkel

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/fastbikkel
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2001, 04:20:00 AM »
I just run like a girl and create better odds.

Or i just hover over one as he is making his run on my buddy, i then bounce him with guns blazing.  :)

But one on one is a hard nut against a N1kky.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
How to remedy the N1K
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2001, 11:38:00 AM »
As soon as you see the n1k, start typing elaborate explainations of what default in the flight model caused you to wet your pants and lose all ability to rationally engage the plane.

Much like you see in this thread.