Author Topic: Gunsight and Website  (Read 365 times)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Gunsight and Website
« on: August 25, 2002, 09:12:24 PM »
Just posting my Hellcat Page for those that may want to look at it.

Also, attaching my "death dot" gunsight for those that may want it.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 12:40:17 AM »
Cool Site Mathman =S=

Love the Dot , but i have 2 dots on my gunsight for better divebombing and using rockets.  As you can see the black dot is for killing enemies the white is for my divebombing, and in the middle of the white and the black is the rocketing.  If there is a GV and you aim him right in the middle of the 2 dots you will hit him.  

Now remeber this sight was made for a P51, but i think it will work on other planes.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 12:58:20 AM »
dot sights suck.  The dots block out the target!

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 01:11:56 AM »
Maybe.  But i mean with the cross sights its hard to see the target ever more.  Well for me anyways.  I have over 30 different gunsights, just that i dont think i have used 4 of those.  But i like how i can do multiple things with 1 gunsight.  3 in 1 gunsight is what i like. ;)

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 11:10:38 AM »
I know this is a dweebly kinda question:(  but how do you install these premium quality gunsights? I have been looking to get rid of the default sight anyway, so this seems the perfect opportunity :D . Thanks gents!

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 11:20:31 AM »
To install any gunsight that these masters create, download the bmp and copy it to the Aces High/sights directory  [warning make a backup copy of the directory first just in case].  Then in the AH, goto clipboard -> setup -> gunsights.  This panel has the plane set in the top box and the available sights in the lower box.  Highlight the plane you want to chagne the gunsight on and then in the bottom box select the sight you want to use and click the "set" buton.

Alternatively, if you find a sight you want to use as your replacement "default.dmp", copy the original and rename the custom.bmp in \Program Files\HTC\Aces High\sights\ to default.dmp.

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 12:15:09 PM »
thnks dfl8rms, got them installed :) .  Of course, when I miss a shot, it must be the sight's fault, not mine lol. Thanks to the acehi Masters also!

Bockk

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 01:38:25 PM »
Forgot to mention that Mitsu has posted links to the new alpha adjustable historic gunsites.  The slider in the clipboard adjusts the "glow" effect.   Here is the link to that thread:

http://216.91.192.19/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59456

[edit]
In case you are wondering, I use the IP address to bypass webfilter at work and avoid the banners at home.  The IP address maps to http://www.hitechreations.com. [/edit]

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 05:37:20 PM »
"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it. "

I've been noticing this post from time to time, and find it quite disturbing. While this would certainly be the case in SOME  wars, it is also certainly not the case in ALL wars.

I fail to see how our terrorist Bin Laden friends from Afghanistan  "would help you if you needed it"

Oh, and how about telling this to all the Jews and Poles who died in concentration camps in WWII.

The list goes on and on, but with an effort not to offend others we will leave it at that.

Many of us, especially combat veterans, would appreciate it if you would kindly remove such a post that obviously offends the efforts of so many who risked their lives, or gave their lives, so that others might live free from such oppression. While we fought so that you would have the freedom to post it, we also ask that you consider removing it.

I've posted this response here in this short sideline thread, instead of as a general post by itself, to keep it from getting out of hand.

Don't be so quick to look at the world through rose colored glasses.

Respectfully,

Ranger Bob

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2002, 07:08:52 PM »
Well ive taken your "suggestion" if thats what you want to call it, and ive decided that i wish not to remove anything, until you own this BBS or until you pay my monthly bill.  When you do this i will remove these words.  

If HT wants me to remove it i will gladly remove it.  But until then whats here will stay here.

Sincerely WldThing!

One more thing lets keep these out of the training forums.

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Gunsight and Website
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2002, 11:48:00 AM »
As my post made perfectly clear we fought for your right to post your thoughts, and I only asked that you consider a request to remove a post that obviously offends many combat veterans who, over many years, have fought to free others from oppression and terrorism.

Thank you for your consideration.

Ranger Bob