Author Topic: Low FPS Please Help GF4 Ti4200  (Read 484 times)

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Low FPS Please Help GF4 Ti4200
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2002, 04:00:46 PM »
If you are running Windows XP the refresh rate will not go above 75FPS or 60 in Open GL. This is a bug in Win XP.  75 is planty fast enough, but for AH you can go to DX DIAG and set the refresh rate higher in the other options box. For Open GL you need another fix like powerstrip (which i use). 60FPS is far too low for Open GL games (MOHAA etc).

The main thing is does your FPS stay reasonable in furballs above airfields with lots of smoke?

Offline CarlosL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2002, 09:34:32 PM »
hey guys sorry for replying late, been busy

Anyways something has to be wrong.  The I can be in a totally destroyed abse with smoke and fps stays at 40-50 which I dont mind at all.  But if just 2-3 or more planes start flying around fps goes to 15-20, and in a furball forget about it like 5-10 fps.

I'm going to try to fully uninstall the display drivers and reinstall with the new detonator drivers. Maybe that'll work.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2002, 12:30:11 AM »
+) i stayed outta that one Animal, glad someone did tho!!

Until we get motion blur 24-30 fps is barely acceptable in pc games

SKurj

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
Re: Low FPS Please Help GF4 Ti4200
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2002, 07:05:52 AM »
Try disabling FSAA on the GF card. This is an option for gaming , for the most part.

A Lot of games do not use this process or require it, When You are playing a game that does not use it, it WILL slow the card to a crawl, in most cases. It's trying to work on something that doesn't exist.

Originally posted by CarlosL
Hey guys I recently bought a GF4 Ti4200 64mb to get rid of my old GF2 mx and have a nice card for the computer.  But now my fps seems pretty much the same.  First my comp specs.

P4 1.5 gig
512 mb sdram
GF4Ti4200
60 gig hdd
and running windows xp pro

Well I ran AH today with these settings:

1024 x 76x 32 bit, vsync off, anti-aliasing off and my fps at the tower with no action is 75.  Graphics look like poo but hey, high FPS.  So I go to fly and I have just three guys on my screen and terrain, my fps is 30ish.  Now this is really what I did not expect on such a low setting

Now I run the game at 1600 x 1400 x 16 bit, v-sync off and anti-aliasing on 2x.  Even thought these settings look a little high my regular FPS with action on the screen is still 30.  But if I get into a furball it goes down to 7-15 fps (this also happens with other settings)

I have the latest drivers 29.92 and used the refreshrate fix.  Whats going on with my card?  Please help if anyone can, thanks a lot.