Author Topic: IL-2 - Winter Camo(for kanttori)  (Read 775 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
IL-2 - Winter Camo(for kanttori)
« on: February 12, 2003, 12:52:09 PM »
This one is for kanttori.. maybe if somebody else isn't working already on the winter camo IL-2.. :)

I just couldn't resist when I heard the winter version of the FinRus map was being made...

Thus, I revised an earlier work and brought it up with some spiff..

The reallly downside is, while most of the parts are satisfactory for me, the fuselage texture is used in the "mirror" method.. and thus, mirrors the markings on the left fuselage. I would've expected separate sides, especially when the IL-2 uses three BMP files instead of the conventional two files...

I take solace in that nobody's gonna try to read what it's written in Russian anyway :D

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 12:53:16 PM »
Here's the 1st..

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 12:53:50 PM »
.. and the second..

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 12:54:26 PM »
... and the Last..

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 12:58:08 PM »
These two following files, are markings.bmp and markings_a.bmp..

I used a custom marking and therefore, had to make these two BMPs to display nothing, by just erasing everything in it. Thus, in order for the IL-2 winter camo skin to show properly, u will have to use these two BMPs also, which will effect some planes that use the USAAF markings and the Canadian 'maple leaf' marking.

If you want to still use the markings on other planes, find textures named markings.BMP and markings_a.BMP, and black out only the VVS red star marking.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 12:58:45 PM »
and the alpha file..

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 01:12:01 PM »
hmmm looks good

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2003, 05:25:24 PM »
Thx Kweassa, I just downloaded them!;)  From which part of Russia is this IL-2? Is it historical, have you original pictures from it etc.?

It's really cool looking!
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2003, 11:26:07 PM »
I've made some changes to the IL2M31.BMP file.. I advise you use this one kantt :)

The IL-2 skin is based on the 1/48 scale model of Mr. Jean-Baptiste Verlhac, which can be found here at Hyperscale .. :) The fuselage stars and so seems to suggest this IL-2 is from about 1942 or so.. but I'm not really sure. The underside text, which reads something like "OKKYNA", is afaik a region name near the Ukraines, (or perhaps means 'Ukraine' itself.. my Russian's real rusty..).. so it probably saw action against the Germans I would guess..

« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 11:32:55 PM by Kweassa »

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 02:27:50 AM »
Kweassa, what we need is planes from Finland-Russia front timeline 1943. WMaker is catching pictures and profiles from the winter camouflages of them. I think we can use your cool looking skin making a little adjustments to it's fuselage signs!;)

Thank you!

Ps. I we need more skins from you, because I have much to do in nearest month: Murmans terrain with Camo and Okinawa terrain alone. But I send the pictures to you, if I need help! Are you ready to do skins?:)
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 02:50:52 AM »
Send me the pictures of things you need.. I think I can spare time for about 2~3 aircraft :)

Also, if you need bare IL-2 BMPs, no problem. If you ask for it, I will give you the winter camo IL-2 with the fuselage markings removed :)