Author Topic: Bishops defeat 'reset corner'  (Read 572 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Bishops defeat 'reset corner'
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2002, 07:36:43 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
How many times have you seen a furball end because a bunch of skilless bish arrive in 35k lancs and/or 30+ Typhoons suiciding on the FHs? Because I have seen that many times. And you tell me how best to defend against that.
LOL! OK.. it musta ended like that then Hortlund.

:rolleyes:

Offline Heinkel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2002, 07:39:27 PM »
How many times have you seen a furball end because a bunch of skilless bish arrive in 35k lancs and/or 30+ Typhoons suiciding on the FHs? Because I have seen that many times. And you tell me how best to defend against that.

The typhoon thing happens all the time. I have seen numerous fights ended due to a hord of typhoons comming in and just slaming into the FH's.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2002, 08:19:32 PM »
Originally posted by Heinkel

The typhoon thing happens all the time. I have seen numerous fights ended due to a hord of typhoons comming in and just slaming into the FH's.

What else are we supposed to do to capture the field?  Ask you guys nicely to let our goon through?  Fly defenseless lancs 12k over the field, and miss everything?  Or are we supposed to just kill 100 fighters fast enough that we can cap the field before any get the chance to take off again?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2002, 08:24:58 PM »
Yup...sounds like a bish general to me. :rolleyes:
"Now I want you guys to suicide your typhoons on the FHs because our bomber pilots cant hit if they come in above 5k"

Offline Heinkel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2002, 08:27:29 PM »
I am not talking about capping the last feild..more along the lines of a 40 vs 40 Furball. A mess of typhoons will come in and sucide the feild. I remeber months back that Typhoons used to attack bases and live. They came in 12k'ish. Jaboed the hangers, then attacked the acks/fuel/ ect....Now they just ram the hangers.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2002, 08:27:59 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Yup...sounds like a bish general to me. :rolleyes:
"Now I want you guys to suicide your typhoons on the FHs because our bomber pilots cant hit if they come in above 5k"

AHHH
So we're supposed to send bombers, which virtually everyone who flies one agrees are worthless for hitting fields(Jabos are always more effective), take a half hour to get to altitude, another 10minutes to get to speed, and then have 90% of them miss thier targets.  So basicly, anything that resets the knights is no good?

lol.
Don't whine because the bish won even though we have been ganged since the beginning of the map.

Offline brendo

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2002, 08:39:00 PM »
If it makes you feel better Hortland, the Ken-niggets died bravely........ when they were down to 1 field, about 50 pilots insisted on committing suicide over and over and over and over again, until all their hangers were bombed out.

It wasnt the brave Bishop Typhoon pilots that Kamakazied.... it was guys, who insisted on trying to take off with 100 enemy fighters pounding the field.

10 Rem Last field defence program
20 Select LA7...25 fuel.
30 Click on a runway..... Press E....Press P.... Boom. Back to Tower.
40 Goto 30

- - -
Edited due to bad coding :cool:

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2002, 08:43:27 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate

AHHH
So we're supposed to send bombers, which virtually everyone who flies one agrees are worthless for hitting fields(Jabos are always more effective), take a half hour to get to altitude, another 10minutes to get to speed, and then have 90% of them miss thier targets.  So basicly, anything that resets the knights is no good?

lol.
Don't whine because the bish won even though we have been ganged since the beginning of the map.

Did I say "you should have sent bombers instead"?

Do you even realize that you are assuming that I meant something, and then you proceed to argue against what you think I meant?  In effect, this is about as pointless as the rest of us sitting here and just watching you talk to yourself.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2002, 08:45:58 PM »
Originally posted by brendo
If it makes you feel better Hortland, the Ken-niggets died bravely........ when they were down to 1 field, about 50 pilots insisted on committing suicide over and over and over and over again, until all their hangers were bombed out.

It wasnt the brave Bishop Typhoon pilots that Kamakazied.... it was guys, who insisted on trying to take off with 100 enemy fighters pounding the field.

10 Rem Last field defence program
20 Select LA7...25 fuel.
30 Click on a runway..... Press E....Press P.... Boom. Back to Tower.
40 Goto 30

- - -
Edited due to bad coding :cool:  

Let me guess...you are in the middle of your two week free trial?

Not many people see up to "brave kamikazes", mostly because that takes about as much skill as being able to turn on the computer...but I guess there is a first for everything. Enjoy your $15 if you should decide to subscribe.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2002, 08:57:20 PM »
Ahem, Time for bed Steve :D

Stop pickin on those tards, CT's up with a nice map & an early setup. That's where I went when I saw the final  suicidal borg comming. If augerin' makes em proud & gives them a sense of acomplishment(sp?) let em have it. :rolleyes:

PS: brendo, no one has coded anything in basic for a decade now I think ;)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2002, 09:00:23 PM »
Oh, I forgot to tell you saw, I have a 2 week vacation now (great way to start my vacation ... up at 4 am arguing with morons), so I'll be online a bit more often now :)

Anyway what are you doing up at 4am?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2002, 09:09:20 PM »
Stopped smokin' remember :(

Can't sleep and am too nervous to fly, so... I'm lurking here, looking for a weak soul to Vulch :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2002, 09:14:16 PM »
See? See what happens?  :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2002, 09:24:36 PM »
Shut up Toad :D (this was my 2000th post btw :p )
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2002, 09:25:33 PM »
Originally posted by Saintaw

PS: brendo, no one has coded anything in basic for a decade now I think ;)

while(hangar->fighter == HANGAR_UP)
{
     set_fuel(25);
     fly(DIR_NORTH, PLANE_LA7);
     die(VULCHED);
}

Problem for the reader: How many languages could this code be valid in?

:D:D:D