Author Topic: For something different: My "quote" whine...  (Read 111 times)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
For something different: My "quote" whine...
« on: August 20, 2002, 08:54:41 PM »
I read quite a few boards, I'm a board potato. Good stuff for the most part.

What KILLS me on this board is anyone replying to a post has got to "quote" the whole friggin thing.

And what's amazing is there will be 4 or 5 replys to a post, one after another that QUOTE THE WHOLE FRIGGIN THING...

In hortlands post, the boss poked his head in. The next 3 posters QUOTED HIS WHOLE REPLY.

I'm old, but really fellas my attention span isn't THAT bad.

If it's a sentence that got you to reply, then quote it. If your JUST answering to the topic, I've already read it, I know what it's about. You don't have to remind me over and over and....

Ya know I know how to use the arrow keys, I can always scroll up if I'm not sure.

Amazing things those arrow keys..

Thank you for your time

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 08:57:12 PM »

What KILLS me on this board is anyone replying to a post has got to "quote" the whole friggin thing.

And what's amazing is there will be 4 or 5 replys to a post, one after another that QUOTE THE WHOLE FRIGGIN THING...

In hortlands post, the boss poked his head in. The next 3 posters QUOTED HIS WHOLE REPLY.

If it's a sentence that got you to reply, then quote it. If your JUST answering to the topic, I've already read it, I know what it's about. You don't have to remind me over and over and....

Ya know I know how to use the arrow keys, I can always scroll up if I'm not sure.

It's even worse when it's in boldface type

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 09:00:39 PM »
QUOTE THE WHOLE FRIGGIN THING...

I really don't like your use of language. For the rest of us slang words for filthy words are STILL filthy words.

( now you'll notice, this person had a reply to a portion of the post and singled out "just" that part. MUCH BETTER )

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2002, 09:08:27 PM »
Hmmm.

It always seemed silly to me to quote the whole post.  I only quote the portion that is relevant to what I am saying.  It seems to make more sense that way.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2002, 09:08:47 PM »

Thank you for your time

YOUR FULL OF POOP..POOP

Now let's try to do better, use your arrow keys, give someone the benifit of the doubt. Just try to remember the reply your referring to might still be in the brain of the reader.

Of course if I've had too many beers quoting won't do any good either, I forget the words AS I read them :D

Hows that for runnin up a post score :eek:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2002, 09:16:25 PM by poopster »

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 09:11:10 PM »
poop, quoting yout own posts is still clearly a form of bumpage and so, we illuminati deem it lame.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2002, 04:24:46 AM »

poopster

Thank you for your time

332nd Flying Mongrels
Noses in the wind since 1997

IP: Logged

08-21-2002 02:57 AM        

poopster

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's even worse when it's in boldface type

332nd Flying Mongrels

08-21-2002 03:00 AM        

poopster

quote:
QUOTE THE WHOLE FRIGGIN THING...

I really don't like your use of language. For the rest of us slang words for filthy words are STILL filthy words.

( now you'll notice, this person had a reply to a portion of the post and singled out "just" that part. MUCH BETTER )

08-21-2002 03:08 AM        

Karnak

Hmmm.

It always seemed silly to me to quote the whole post. I only quote the portion that is relevant to what I am saying. It seems to make more sense that way.

Sho-cho Karnak
27th Sentai, 3rd Chutai

08-21-2002 03:08 AM        

poopster

quote:

Thank you for your time

YOUR FULL OF POOP..POOP

Now let's try to do better, use your arrow keys, give someone the benifit of the doubt. Just try to remember the reply your referring to might still be in the brain of the reader.

Of course if I've had too many beers quoting won't do any good either, I forget the words AS I read them  

Hows that for runnin up a post score

332nd Flying Mongrels

Last edited by poopster on 08-21-2002 at 03:16 AM

08-21-2002 03:11 AM        

Fancy

poop, quoting yout own posts is still clearly a form of bumpage and so, we illuminati deem it lame.

Whut did ya say ? :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2002, 07:41:56 AM »
what are "arrow" keys?

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2002, 07:50:01 AM »
Usually I quote the part that I am replying to.

I dont do it for you or the other readers, just out of laziness, so that I can make my post faster and easier by having the text right there inside my post so that I can read it while replying.

You dont have to quote the whole original post, but most people who reply do so to comment on a single paragraph of the original post, specially if its a long one, wich I like because I can tell specifically to what part of the original speech the person is refering to.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2002, 07:52:37 AM by Animal »