Author Topic: A REAL solution to the CTD problem!  (Read 125 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
A REAL solution to the CTD problem!
« on: August 20, 2002, 05:45:05 PM »
2 Main Arenas

The current 1.10 MA

and a

1.09 MA

Those who are not afflicted with the CTD bug can remain in the 1.10 MA.  Those of us who are having major problems can log into the 1.09 MA and have a place to play untill the 1.10 CTD bugs are worked out.  Sure, we would have to wipe 1.10 off of our systems and reload 1.09, but at least the 5 to 20% of us who are afflicted would get to play!  The 1.10 arenas numbers would not be hurt since those affected are not there anyway.

HTC would have to:
1. Change an existing arena to accept 1.09 only
2. Offer 1.09 as a download.
3. Change the log-in procedure to recognize 1.09 as not being obsolete, but give 1.09 users a choice of logging into the 1.09 arena, or updating to 1.10.

Would this work?
How much effort would it take to implement it?

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 08:02:17 PM »
Anyone...?

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 08:12:06 PM »
GREAT IDEA HTC should take note

im one of those aflicted. today i lost me262 10 yards along runway. i even relogged before i flew it so i had a good connection

i waited to see if it was stable andit was, rolled few feet and pop CTD.

only redeeming point was i saw the lovely woman on my desktop pic :)

lost 100 PERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2002, 08:39:40 PM »
There is a positive side to this dilema. There was a great sunset tonight. I actually am starting to get reacquainted with my old friends and family. The kids have grown a lot since i stopped noticing. The dog doesn't attack when I enter the house. Betty Sue next door is all growed up. I think I like it.

Offline PvtPyls

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2002, 09:16:37 PM »
The CTD's will be fixed just as every other major bug in the game has. Have a little patience. The time you want spent setting up 2 MA's will be better allocated investigating the CTD issue.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 09:51:12 PM »
Originally posted by PvtPyls
The CTD's will be fixed just as every other major bug in the game has. Have a little patience. The time you want spent setting up 2 MA's will be better allocated investigating the CTD issue.

1.10 came out about 7 weeks ago.  I've been patient, and am still being patient. THIS bug, however, is the nastiest one yet.  Hitech may find it tomorrow, or maybe in 7 days, 7 weeks or 7 months.  However long it takes is fine with me, I know that he is working on it and that it is a top priority.  But, it sounds as if there are a few hundred players, who like myself have literally given up their hobbies. No one knows how long it will take to find it, but a guaranteed temporary compromise of a fix is right in front of us. If HTC could spend a few hours making 1.09 available, hundreds of players would not have to wait who knows how long.  The pressure on them would be greatly alleviated and their reputation of providing outstanding service would once again shine for all.

When big bridges fall, snap-together pontoon bridges are put up until they can be rebuilt.

1.09 is a pontoon bridge for those of us who are trapped on no-flight-sim-island.

eskimo

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 10:45:22 PM »
What fediddlein CTDs????????????????????????????

Only had a few with 1.10 release and with patch 1,2,3,4 ive had no CTDs at all........

Intel 1.0Gig
Via MB
Gforce2 mx400
512ram

And no fediddlein CTDs... I have no idea what is going on with all the CTDs..

Dog out.........

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2002, 06:09:29 AM »
Originally posted by Wardog
What fediddlein CTDs????????????????????????????

Only had a few with 1.10 release and with patch 1,2,3,4 ive had no CTDs at all........

Intel 1.0Gig
Via MB
Gforce2 mx400
512ram

And no fediddlein CTDs... I have no idea what is going on with all the CTDs..

Dog out.........

Wardog, most folks are not afflicted by the CTD bug.  But there are many that can't even play.

eskimo

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2002, 01:00:05 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2

Wardog, most folks are not afflicted by the CTD bug.  But there are many that can't even play.

eskimo

I am certainly between those two camps. I am averaging about one an hour, but have played for 2.5 with none and had them 3 times an hour too. Check the stats, more discos in two weeks than the previous 4 tours for me (since 1.10). And that includes the freakin beta!