Author Topic: AI implementation on two seaters ?  (Read 125 times)

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AI implementation on two seaters ?
« on: August 21, 2002, 07:38:25 AM »
How about simple AI on planes like 110, Il-2 or Val ?

Let's say you man a gunners's seat while being attacked. Your pilot (AI) may take actions on his own - twist, turn, roll to avoid attack or even try to get a shot on his own. You could always turn this option off if you don't like it, but I think that anything what will stay inside flight envelope is OK.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 08:22:02 AM »
Not for me.

I'd much rather fight people than AI.

What I'd really like to see are more gunners. I miss the "Squad buff" from AW where 8 of us could pile on one B-17 and go terrorise a field. I've always thought AH's compromise of 1 guy operating all the buff guns was a great idea; but now with the larger formations at least one guy per buff would fun.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 02:26:05 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker
Not for me.

What I'd really like to see are more gunners. I miss the "Squad buff" from AW where 8 of us could pile on one B-17 and go terrorise a field.

Same here Seeker. Those days of getting the whole squad to man a buff or two were some of the best times I've had in a MMOG air combat game...and chastizing the pilot when he blows landing a wounded bird killing the whole lot of us...that wuz fun!

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 01:47:14 AM »
I'd kind of like to see some kind of AI gunner for the two-person bombers.  Just someone to man the guns that no sane gunners would ever fly with.  (Val, sbd, 110, il2 etc)  Even if it would only spray with a large degree of randomness(very low accuracy) it would be nice to have.

Oh yea,
Bring the tunnel gun to the a-20g!

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 06:36:07 AM »
Not for me.

What I'd really like to see are more gunners. I miss the "Squad buff" from AW where 8 of us could pile on one B-17 and go terrorise a field. I've always thought AH's compromise of 1 guy operating all the buff guns was a great idea; but now with the larger formations at least one guy per buff would fun.

I took a flight of B-17's up last campaign along with a gunner and when we got jumped, I was able to jump in any gun position on the buff I was piloting.  When I jumped to the upper turret, it kicked my gunner out of my buff and into one of the drone were he was able to switch between the two drone gun positions.

ack-ack

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 09:02:57 AM »
Good to know, AckAck.

Who maintained flight control; you, or the passenger?

Hope it's a feature and not a bug to be fixed. Wonder if the dedicated buffers (such as Jordi; FLoss or Revvin know about this?)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 09:25:54 AM »
Just say, "NO", to Otto.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 08:02:29 PM »
Good to know, AckAck.

Who maintained flight control; you, or the passenger?

Hope it's a feature and not a bug to be fixed. Wonder if the dedicated buffers (such as Jordi; FLoss or Revvin know about this?)

I retained full flight control, using my pedals to steer while in a gun position.  Interesting note, only time my gunner and myself could be in the same plane was when I was in the pilot position, whenever I moved, it would kick the gunner to one of the drones.

Ack-Ack