Author Topic: Feedback from FRAME 1 FRIDAY TOD  (Read 794 times)

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Feedback from FRAME 1 FRIDAY TOD
« on: August 23, 2002, 10:55:29 PM »
Due to the past problems with lag, warping and exceeding the icon limit I attempted to spread out and more importantly thin out the action by adding more objectives.

Was the event more boring this way?  Now is your chance to let me know and I will try and adjust frame 2 accordingly.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 11:17:30 PM »
ez money

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 11:28:55 PM »
Couple other things we will want feedback on. First we had radar off for both sides. Second we turned off the base under attack warnings.

Did you like this, no opinion, or would you like base under attack on. We did this because with the bases so close to each other skernsk wanted their to be a chance of suprise and some fog of war that the base under attack and limit radar would have eliminated. Basically within 5 minutes to 1/2 hour you would have known where the enemy was do to base under attack warnings or radar warnings.

What is your opinion .. did it make things more enjoyable, no difference, or do you think it detracted from the event?
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2002, 12:23:42 AM »
Base attack warnings off but bar dar on? Also the CM could say "target X is being bombed".  No dar below 500ft.

My 2 cents.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2002, 12:24:06 PM »
My first ToD, and only second time in the SEA. I had FUN!

It strikes me that dar should be on if it can be killed. This
would make killing radar station/s a critical objective. Specific
warnings are unrealistic..........

Otherwise, I had many opportunities to fight, and did so.

Well done to all responsible!

:)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2002, 06:15:17 PM »
We had some guys who aparently didn't have the rigth map, and couldn't get it last night. Not sure what was going on, but they were booted to the credits page when they tried to DL the map.

Then my Joystick porked itself and I spent 20 minutes getting it fixed. But I did fly and I did like the lack of dar. It forces squads to comunicate better, and I think it will also reward the side that has better comunication. And of course there is the added SA factor from not having dar. I mean, I found a 190 about 1.2k off the 6 of my Tiffie. Just barely got out of the way. It was great.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2002, 06:28:13 PM »
There was a tiffie..........that didn't get out of my way in time :D

I too had the boot to credits prob. Had to manual DL the
BoB map from webpage...then it let me in

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2002, 07:42:13 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
ez money

Unfortunately that "ez money" was the 332nd. :(

jg2 won't get off that easy next time. :D

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 01:39:42 AM »
You Mongrels really need to post your AARs over on our board.  I wish I could've been there but my work hours have me exhausted.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2002, 12:41:56 PM »
we also drug 4 51s down from 25k and kicked their arse and then beat up on some hapless hurricanes who thought it a good idea to bounce us.

the mongrels killed quite a few of us but we had the clear advantage. 3 i believe

When we saw the 51s just making uninspired passes from 25k on to our lo a5s I turned to rtb. I had bob in the morning and I guess the 51s plan was to bore us to death. Well they were waiting for a few more of their friends to show up. I was still rtb'n when a p51 dove in front of me and then panicked. He pulled up so hard he stalled losing all his e.

he dove and tried some stick stirring but i cut throttle and waited. He straightened up to run and when he did boom 2cm rheinmetal riddled his plane and he went into the channel in flames. I then look up to see Urchin work one. That was a pretty kill and he is laughing over squad channel.

I then see leitwolf 2 v 1 but see him make one 51 over shoot and kill him then drag the other one down. Leitwolf kills this one as well.

We then say f'it its late lets head for home when 2 hurris come in.  One was laggy I had shot his vert stab off and he kept flying fer like 5 min and was tracking a friendly lol.

He then spun into the channel.

The other hurri was coming on to my 6. I see leitwolf closing fast. I cut throttle abit and let the hurri gain. I want him watching me not leitwolf.

Hes d650 now and spraying. I roll left and turn a bit then break right dragging him right through leitwolfs guns. Boom hes goes down.

EZ money :)

Anyway I ordered my guys to strafe the chutes of some of the mongrels. They most likely were just watching the fight but they had been on the ground a while. With no radar we didnt know if the were vectoring in more fighters or giving our position away to a follow up strike. I gave the order to kill umm.

I dont usually go for that but I felt with no radar we couldnt allow that type of intel.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2002, 01:18:46 PM »
Overall, A very nice TOD.

Not as action packed as some in the past, but we did encounter and destroy 2  A-20's.

It was a little dull for us, but the other half of the squad had their hands full with spitfires. Lag was non-existent and overall, I had a great time.

By the way, whats the link to check the TOD scores?

I tried this one:
http://events.simladder.com/tod.php

But it says the current tour is the mighty 8th.

What is thie tour called, and where can I check the scores, please?