Author Topic: Idea for the AH website 'F4F movie'...  (Read 90 times)

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
Idea for the AH website 'F4F movie'...
« on: August 30, 2002, 10:02:32 AM »
...the new website is cool...*but*... :)

As far as the little movie - I'd say get some really good AHFilm (F4F diving on a slightly banking A6M2, opens fire at 750, short corrected bursts until F4F really 'pours on the lead' at 250 or so for the classic 'Baa Baa Blacksheep one firey wing gives way and A6M2 tumbles off gun camera view' kill), and have one of the AH guys do that cool 'black and white' filter to it, and play *that* as the movie.

Of course I know zero about flash movies, whatever kind of movie that is on the AH website, etc. So it could be totally unfeasible.

But I know this from personal experience: I was kind of burned out on online flight sims long ago from playing WB for a long time (AH has kind of made that burnout go away a little). But even when I was really 'burned out', what always got me to play for a couple of days was seeing WW2 guncam footage. I think there's something about guncam footage that gets your average/potential/jaded online A2A guy a little fired up.

Mike/wulfie

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 11:31:48 AM »
flash 6 lets you stream/embed movies now. just an FYI.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 01:12:42 PM »
No Easy Days "Gun Camera Footage of WWII".

It's not real easy to watch, though.  At least I didn't think so.  I brought my copy to the Con (along with a video on flying the P38, the history channel's "Thunderbolt!", No easy Days "Naval Aviation" (or how NOT to land on a CV), and the 50th reunion of the 8th air force.  no VCRs in the rooms, and I dind't think I'd need to bring one.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2002, 04:12:49 PM »
Oh yeah a movie would be cool.

Just after the Zeke is dead, pan to a 190a6 high above... she rolls inverted, dives, and takes out the F4s :)

mwahahahahaha

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2002, 06:32:07 PM »
HBlair did a movie for Tunisia and added Ozzy's Crazy train to it ,,,, Still watch that clip every now and then, A great job, Wish he would do another one:) ( hint, hint)

NUTTZ