Author Topic: Anyone else had the CIH today (26/4)  (Read 220 times)

Offline stomper3

• Zinc Member
Anyone else had the CIH today (26/4)
« on: April 26, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »

Anyone but me had the dumbness and stupidity to forget that CHI virus activates the 26/4 every year??

For you who doesnt know this little bugger, its a virus that activates same date each year. when it activates it scribbles the harddrive full of rubble info, in the process destroying anything else on the HD.

It also scribbles the Flash BIOS memory full of toejame, if given the opportunity, so that you actually have to purchase new hardware (BIOS mem), if it cant be reprogrammed.

Not very funny huh??

I Turned my comp on tonite, (24:12, 26/4) to send some e-mails, and WHAAAAAM, the Bill Gates Bluscreen hits ya during boot-up...after that, no c: available  

That was a fair amount of work that went to smoke there...Not to mention the amount od work to get the system up to speed again  
(Thru his mothers 486/33 )

Stomper

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »
If you've been hit by the CIH virus go here http://grc.com/cih.htm
I don't think it can fix your bios, but it cures most HD damage.

Offline Seahawk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2001, 06:52:00 AM »
HuH???

Was yesterday online, left my computer almost all day long, I dont have anything wronge ! ? !?

can Norton antivirus 2001 solve it??

Offline stomper3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
NASHWAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If u ever have to go thru an organ transplant, and need a kidney, a heart, a liver or whatever...please dont hesitate to give me a call. After this, I owe u my live. (pls dont ask for my brains, u wouldnt want it anyway, since it couldnt tell me to get a virus program, cause it would "cram up the memory" on my 1.3GHz, 256meg RAM machine :0  )

I havent used the prog yet, but to see that some few ppl in this world still does so much for so few...its just...  

And as for u who didnt get hit...its an almost-extinct virus that most virus killers from after the C64 era can handle  

Nashwan, pls give me ur address, and the beers and pizzas will flow over ya  

YT

Stomper3

Offline stomper3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
IT WORKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOHOHHHHOHHOHOHOHOHO H

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWWW

All the things on my HD was salvaged... Nashwan, i dub u god              

Stomp