Author Topic: Damage model  (Read 541 times)

TT

Damage model
« on: November 11, 1999, 02:10:00 AM »
 I was in a niki. b n z,d a spit. I cought him at the top of his climb, he was just hanging there. I hit him from the side, behind his right wing, nailed his fuselage. I had waited till I got to 300 yrds, and of course the niki dosent have MG. The point of this is that I thought his tail would come off. In fact he just turned and dropped. Than flew off.

Is there any damage modeled for fuselage,s

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Damage model
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 1999, 07:25:00 AM »
For some reason TT, the Spitfire, which should be one of the lighter and less durable aircraft, is a virtual flying tank in AH. I figure that it does have a fuselage damage map, its just similar to the titanium tub of a A-10 Warthog  

Conversely, the N1K2, which should be in the mid to higher durability, is like the Zeke of Warbirds. A paper tiger. All it takes is someone to look at it funny and it loses a tail surface or a wing.

Keep giving Pyro feedback about it, I know I will.

------------------
Vermillion
WB's: (verm--), **MOL**, Men of Leisure,
"Real men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires ;) "

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Damage model
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 1999, 07:36:00 AM »
Ohh those tank P-51s, barely takes 2 hits with 20mm and it goes down without a wing or other stuff...
Spits.. I see no problem toasting up spits
Though, it is funny how often planes survive from 30mm hit and other times they get blown up whole side of the plane.

I have even witnessed P-51 take 4 hits with 30mm and still it flew and killed.. like nothing would had hit him, also heard another stories of similar kind.
(failing to explode 30mm can't be anymore explonation for this wonder)

About damage model.. I did once lose rear fuselage of my 109 in collision.. eh.. funny huh, nose collision into 50 yards 109...
but I still had every control surface from the tail intact and I didn't see anything unusual in flying, except that i lost also parts of wings (wow, engine was intact, and my windscreen!)
(IMO, i don't like to collide into plane which is 50 yards ahead of me, unless its dragging some ramming wire)

Often these planes have ailerons intact still even though wing is snapped off.