Author Topic: One of the 4 Ta-152  (Read 199 times)

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
One of the 4 Ta-152
« on: March 16, 2001, 10:23:00 AM »
StSanta, Kirin, Vox and the other one unknown,

<S!> I was one of that Ta-152's fiting your Dora Schwarm. Sorry for not answering on channel 1 last nite, we were following radio silence orders.

For me, it was a very interesting fite. I came to the conclusion that, when flown properly, it is difficult to have a result other than a draw in our engagement. You were constantly Split-S-ing, and we were constantly refusing to follow, never came close enough to open fire.

I guess if you substitute Doras for Ponys the fite would be quite close to what was in RL. Just lacking the B-17's that would have forced us to go down low to intercept.

We broke the combat because we were searching for high buffs that your country sent first to ruin our attack against 53, and shortly after, to attack 49.

After our engagement, and after missin a 200 yds shot on Duma's Arado (drives me crazy when I think of that, even after 24 hours), we went to 49, where we have to dive first to 15k to be shot down by tachel (2 of us, great shooting) and then to the deck to kill 2 approaching M3. We felt that base defense worth more than 50 perkies.    

<S> for the fite. I feel I had to appologize for not answering your request in Ch1, nor Duma's.

Pepe

[This message has been edited by Pepe (edited 03-16-2001).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
One of the 4 Ta-152
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
<S!> Pepe

Was me, Kirin, VoX and Wastel01.

When we spotted 4 Ta-152's high, we figured we were in for a fun fight  

Being at 24k, we figured we'd slowly drag you down and to the west, to have an opportunity to hunt down and kill any TA-152 that lost SA and got just that 300 feet too low to escape.

I turned mostly into the 152's, and dodged a couple of near HO's; that 30mm is not to be played with. Slowly through split-S's, we dragged the fight down to an altitude where we were more comfortable fighting the 152's. Even had a run on two of you, but had to break off because some stupid other TA-152 approached me from behind  . Came close to being almost co alt (but not co e) with one of you and figured "this is going good, we're getting down to an alt where we'll have the edge in terms of climb and acceleration" when you wisely disengaged  .

Fun fight <S!>

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"Live to pull, pull to live"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
One of the 4 Ta-152
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
THIS is what I play Aces High for.

Smart flying you guys!

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
One of the 4 Ta-152
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2001, 12:27:00 PM »
Lol! I just looked back out of the bombsight, and agh! 2 Ta152s off my tail! God knows how I managed to escape that one, most crazy evasives I've ever done   Gotta love that Arado though!

If it's any compensation you forced me to jetisson my bombs, and nearly jetisson other stuff too  

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
One of the 4 Ta-152
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
Hehehe, when you started scissoring smoothly and I kept gaining I just could not wipe the smile from my face, and start salivating...that was going to be my first Arado!

I shoot a short burst at 500 yds, just in case...no case. You kept scissoring and then turned to your right downwards a bit. I followed, and shoot again at 400 yds....no case. Then you started hard scissors and jinking. I close to some 200 yds.....at that time I was smiling no more. I was yelling like crazy, on the nearing overshoot. Lay my finger on the trigger and let half of the magazine go out, as well as some words not to mention here.....I started a high barrell trying not to overshoot, but having for sure that that last shoot under the canopy will reward me whith a burning spiralling Arado on the back of my barrell......OMG!!!, that bird is still alive and unscratched!!!!.

Geezz, you start diving...that bird sure pick up speed. I shoot last round about 400, could't help seeing myself like Wyle E.

Very nice evasives!  

Maybe in 1.05 I could hit you, but 1.06 is treating me wild, as for gunnery is concerned. Plus the buffeting is a serious issue when chasing a 500kts. Arado   .

Could not do anything right after my encounter with you.

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
One of the 4 Ta-152
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2001, 05:48:00 PM »
Pepe you noticed gunnery is off too? My 30mm isnt the same as before i waste 30rds trying to hit a guy 150yds ahead of me they just fall under, has anyone else noticed this?

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
One of the 4 Ta-152
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
Yep, but I tend to blame myself when something goes wrong, so I'm just practising hard. I think I am improving, altho coming from zero, the only way is up  

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
One of the 4 Ta-152
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2001, 04:51:00 AM »
My gunnery is way off in the D9, but seems good in the A5

Dunno what's up with this :/