Author Topic: Hey--where is my ammo?  (Read 218 times)

Offline MWHUN

• Copper Member
      • http://www.most-wanted.org
Hey--where is my ammo?
« on: September 09, 2002, 02:33:53 PM »
I know that this probably should be in the “Bug Report” thread but most of you seem to be in here.  

So last night I’m flying with some fellow Knights… one of them comes on range channel and says his trigger just “jammed” up on him and he couldn’t stop firing until he went bingo. He thought it was fluke… so I tell him that I had the exact same thing happen to me a few days ago… all of a sudden 3 other Knights chime in with “ditto…”

So—I guess, I’m just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and if so is it a known issue?

Thanks!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 02:39:08 PM »
Same thing happened to me once...it was a book leaning on the keyboard depressing the "F" button.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline MWHUN

• Copper Member
      • http://www.most-wanted.org
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 02:44:38 PM »
Nope.. I double checked everything--including the "F" button on the keyboard--the FE just seemed to be registering a trigger pull.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2002, 02:48:34 PM »
I've had it happen to me on a numbe rof occasions this year: I usual manage to stop it by hitting fire a few times.
I was assuming it was problems with my joystick.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2002, 04:07:48 PM »
This has been happening to me since the latest patch. I, like Pei, thought it was my joystick getting glitchy.

Hmmmmm...

X36 HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, Windows XP... in case that helps.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2002, 04:10:25 PM »
I've had this happen prior to the last patch and version.  Usually a quick view change solves it.

Its annoying to say the least.

AKDejaVu

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2002, 05:35:18 PM »
Bug??

Robert Johnson commented he had exactly that problem on one ride in the Jug over France..

SKurj

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2002, 06:16:48 PM »
Once out of the few times it's happened to me was irremediable; the other times it was after pressing secondary fire on a >1 salvo, and switching to another secondary weapon before the salvo ended. It unjams after you let the salvo finish.
If it's the same problem for the primary fire, the one time it happened, there was nothing to cycle to and back from, and pressing the prim fire button didn't help.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2002, 12:46:49 AM »
I use old CH analog stuff when i look back ( 6 veiw) my guns fire, you may want to clean your pods.

NUTTZ

Offline Moloch

• Copper Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2002, 12:50:21 AM »
back in the day... when i did tech support..   i'd have the "customer" twirl around three times then turn the keyboard upside down and shake it for a minute.....

did wonders :confused:

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2002, 02:39:25 AM »
Originally posted by Moloch
back in the day... when i did tech support..   i'd have the "customer" twirl around three times then turn the keyboard upside down and shake it for a minute.....

did wonders :confused:
^

Wonders? It's ugly, it's a mess! There are so many little funny things in the keyboard that even maybe talk to you when shaking them out.
I read an article that there are more germs in a keyboard than at the toilet - delicious

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2002, 09:11:02 AM »
Yep...happened to me with the cruiser gun this morning.  Several salvoes fired off by themselves, 'til I pointer clicked on a different target.  First time that's happened.

Les

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2002, 10:35:29 AM »
hmm its never happened to me. prolly because i use mouse/keyboard combo (true it gets annoying wheni have to have a look around and im typeing but mih what am i gonna do about it.

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
Hey--where is my ammo?
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2002, 11:18:28 AM »
hmmm... I've never had this problem.  Do you guys have the "default" gun selection for your primary trigger?  Or do you have "N" mapped to it like I do?

If you don't try mapping N to it and see if that helps.
(You'll have to map f to another button to use that)  I've got X45 Saitek, primary trigger is N and the throttle D button is F in Mode 2.  Works nice that way.