Author Topic: Gunner interface  (Read 216 times)

Micke

Gunner interface
« on: July 26, 1999, 07:19:00 AM »
Hi guys!

Was just wondering what type of gunner interface on bombers etc u're gonna use ?

WB like, where u can leave yer pilot seat and jump around or zee famouz Otto Von Firebaum ?

Personally i would like it to be like this:

If u take a bomber u need fellow players to get gunners, ie no mates, no guns. Someone ever see a B17 1944 over Germany with plane on autopilot and the pilot running around the entire aircraft shootin guns ? naaaa dindt think so  

Another more serious thing (hehe) :

I'm 30 years old..sitting here at work and droolin huge amounts of... over a computer game. My gf just told me that i am sick and in need of help, professional help.

U feel it too??

Cheers

//mike--

------------------
*May my bullets sting u like a thousand bistings*

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
Gunner interface
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 1999, 02:03:00 PM »
Me thinks there was the no otto solution in AW - look what that did to bomb runs.

There was a nice suggestion on AGW some time ago... enable players to man gun station when the buff is already flying.

Az

WB.de: azrael
XO 487th Bomber Group (Heavy)
'The Gentlemen from Hell'

Offline -ik-

• Copper Member
      • http://members.cruzio.com/~jeffs
Gunner interface
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 1999, 02:44:00 PM »
mike, your gf is probably right  

This goes down to the old otto debate. Do we, or don't we need computer gunners killing us?

Audie

Gunner interface
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 1999, 05:54:00 PM »
I like the azreal solution....

One of the biggest downers for human gunners is the time to get to alt...  now for the pilot then maybe it's part of the game [did someone say 10k alt starts?]

By allowing in-flight gunner additons the pilot could call for gunners at say 40 miles from nme territory and in fact would get plenty of takers.

I love it and super-otto no longer exists!

------------------
Audie
The dweeb formerly known as -audi-

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Gunner interface
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 1999, 09:58:00 PM »
I've got to disagree.  I like the ability to assume the role of other crewmembers.  It'd be great if you could get a full crew every time you took off, but that's not the case.

As to being able to join a bomber already in flight, that would be really nice.  I know that that is not as easy as it sounds to implement, but you never know.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

roblex

Gunner interface
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 1999, 07:27:00 AM »

Micke

If you insist on having human gunners only an d not letting the pilot gun then you will either get no bombers or you will get defenceless bombers.  That is not good.  I can tell you from Playing Dawn Of Aces that just finding ONE person willing to gun and available when you want to fly is pretty impossible!

Roblex

------------------
Kent, UK