Author Topic: More objects?  (Read 278 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
More objects?
« on: September 09, 2002, 04:28:48 AM »
Question 1:

Is there coming more than 10 000 objects in the new Terrain Editor version? My object list is now full and I need them more...

I need them, because my "Backwoods Airfields" contains many tree shapes (fields are middle of the forestes).

Question 2:

Is it possible that the textures near airfields has tree-clutters ON? Now there is automatic system that makes clutter shapes away near airfields...:confused:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
More objects?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 12:39:25 AM »
Yes the trees will not show up near an airfield ( if used as clutter) I use tree clutter THEN fill in some bare spots using the trees as a shape or object. BUT this will quickly get you to 10,000 object limit. I did this in a map i created to look like vietnam. I made a water tile with alot of ground and used the tree clutter on the water tile,THEN placed trees as objects to block the PT boats from going across the parts of the tile that "looked" like ground:)

I also used the rivers for barges to go along the rivers on the tile to resupply the feilds. The rivers disappear and only the river "i" created on the tile showed up, so it was important to know exactly where the "rivers" lay down on each tile and where they bend. It wasn't easy but the out come was AWSOME!!! I believe Fester and me had a blast one night looking for each other in the "jungle" with our PT boats. I made some trees destroyable:)

ALWAYS think outside the box!

NUTTZ

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
More objects?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 08:16:49 AM »
Yes I do beleave I saw that Tile NUTTZ, we played with the PT's one night on it was very cool looking:)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
More objects?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2002, 06:17:27 PM »
From Where I can download your Vietnam map? Is it same than Perdonia? If it is not, where is Perdonia or is it imagination map?:confused:

Good Ideas Nuttz! I use now very many trees around fields, but object limit is now full... i must do some Timber-job!:D

But does anybody know, is there coming more objects than 10 000 to new version? I need them, because in my Finland-Russia map needs convoys and trains and I like the trees, too!;)

And Nuttz, is your alter ego Jihad? I want to put some special thanks for the textures to my MOTD!:confused:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
More objects?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2002, 10:43:29 PM »
Perdonia is on AH webpage under downloads, AHPERDONIA

Use thee trees as clutter in more tiles , that will help w/ the 10,000 object limit.

NO, I am not Jihad.

No idea what the new editor will do.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by kanttori
From Where I can download your Vietnam map? Is it same than Perdonia? If it is not, where is Perdonia or is it imagination map?:confused:

Good Ideas Nuttz! I use now very many trees around fields, but object limit is now full... i must do some Timber-job!:D

But does anybody know, is there coming more objects than 10 000 to new version? I need them, because in my Finland-Russia map needs convoys and trains and I like the trees, too!;)

And Nuttz, is your alter ego Jihad? I want to put some special thanks for the textures to my MOTD!:confused: