Author Topic: OT: One more-SGE not loading!  (Read 137 times)

Moose11

OT: One more-SGE not loading!
« on: March 16, 2001, 04:18:00 PM »
I know, I should post this somewhere else but hopefully with more people in here someone will know how to fix this..

All of a sudden, SGE will not load my profile when I start up AH. Hasn't worked since i put the new system in.. does anyone know of a bug regarding this?

I'll post system specs/version numbers if needed...

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2001, 06:19:00 PM »
Hey Moose11,

I assume by SGE you mean the "Saitek Gaming Extensions". I am also guessing you have the USB version

That being the case there are 2 possibilities...

1). You have not got the Automatic profile activation box checked. (Unlikely)

2). I figure you have been a little to enthusiastic when setting up your system. If you plug the controller in before loading the software (Even for a millisecond) the games will not recognise the stick. (The display will tell you that the game profile is loaded but trust me it isn't). The only way around it is to unplug the stick and run "nukeUSB.exe" (In the Saitek SGE folder). That will then clear your stick completely from the registery. Then plug the stick back in and it should work (Been there, Seen that, Done it, got the tee shirt)  

(If of course SGE means something totally different and you don't have a USB stick forget I ever mentioned it).  

TTFN
snafu

------------------

snafus Homepage

[This message has been edited by snafu (edited 03-16-2001).]

Moose11

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2001, 07:35:00 AM »
It worked! Thanks a lot snafu! I did exactly as instructed and presto, the SOB came to life.

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2001, 07:59:00 PM »
Np,
Like I said Been there Seen that Done it.  

TTFN
snafu