Author Topic: Game ID's  (Read 729 times)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Game ID's
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2001, 02:24:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:
Does it really matter that much to you JAB?

You're only going to have an account for 2 months, then you're leaving. You've already previously stated you will not pay for this after your gift runs out.
-SW

Hehe how's that for irony. RE:numerous posts in 'other' thread after they said they were leaving  

AKSeaWulfe

Game ID's
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
-

[This message has been edited by AKSeaWulfe (edited 03-20-2001).]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Game ID's
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
Ok....using your logic, why do you feel compelled to defend yourself and set the record straight if you're not flying in the game anymore?  Somewhere RAM is reading your post and smiling hehe.

AKSeaWulfe

Game ID's
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
 -

[This message has been edited by AKSeaWulfe (edited 03-20-2001).]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Game ID's
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2001, 03:41:00 PM »

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Game ID's
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
Hopefully HTC will respond to my original question before this thread ends up too unintelligible

J_A_B

OpIvy

Game ID's
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2001, 04:08:00 PM »
WHOOOHOOO!  wheres the party?

looks around

/leaves

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Game ID's
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2001, 07:14:00 PM »
Don't... something something... Door... something something...

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
Game ID's
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
Don't... something something... Door... something something...

It is never good when you lose a good stick and a fellow hobbyist.

Drex

[This message has been edited by Drex (edited 03-19-2001).]

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Game ID's
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2001, 11:14:00 PM »
fellow hobbyists?

hmmm...

Ask me about dogjet sometime...

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Game ID's
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2001, 07:11:00 AM »
 While it is common for real life pilots to use handles, they never use unpronounceable characters in them - probably because the handles were ment to be pronounced.
 For me a screwy handle with special characters or even numbers detracts from immersion. Not to the point of complaining, but still...

miko

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Game ID's
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2001, 09:36:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:

Or is it because I disproved your testing theory as to why you couldn't hit anything in the 190D9?

-SW

Lets not be to revisionist shall we.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Game ID's
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2001, 09:43:00 AM »
How could a name like "J_A_B" possibly detract from your immersion when names like "IamK00LD00Dz" or "yomomma" or even "187686451" are already common?  I know you probably weren't refering to my name specifically--but the idea is we already have names which aren't much related to WW2 air combat.

Immersion aside, in reality I would never use a phony handle.  I use my own name.  My in-game handle is my initials, and the space marks are necessary to disginuish that fact.  "J A B" with spaces but no underlines is acceptable to me (although I don't particularily like it), but I already tried that and can't use it.  My current in-game name is stupid and I hate it enough to not wish keeping AH.

If you're looking for immersion, the proper route is that of EverQuest--require everybody to have a "proper" name.  AFAIK, AH has not taken that route yet.

I am still hoping HTC responds as to whether it would be possible to work something out.  If they don't respond by Friday, I will stop punting this thread--no need to spam the BB.

J_A_B

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Game ID's
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
Stupid characters in handles make it take longer to figure out how to squelch someone. They make it take longer to tune a private channel to reply to someone. I had someone  with a 0 in place of an o in their handle trying to private channel me the other night. I just gave up on replying.
Imagine if they allowed all the control chars and stuff. Pure sillyness.
You are making your decision on wether you  join the paying customers of the game based on wether you can have ~~~ in your name or somthing.
Allright then. I am sure that you will get the imediate attention of the people that be on this one.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Game ID's
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
I don't really expect HTC to respond to this any more than you do.  However, I hope they do respond--I hope they care enough about potential customers to be willing to work with them.   This issue may not matter to you, but it matters to me.  

That said, should they not respond I'll let this thread die after the end of the week.  Them not responding would be the same as answering "no", and all I'm looking for is a solid answer.   I can handle it if things don't go my way, and I wouldn't complain about it here.

J_A_B