Author Topic: Quiz  (Read 296 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Quiz
« on: March 16, 2001, 08:37:00 PM »
Your in a P-51D at 15K. Inverted, losing oil, fuel, and missing your rudder. Your IAS is 157 knots/mph, and a 109, 190, and P-47 are behind you. Friendly planes and an airfield are D5.3 off your right wing.

What do you do?

[list=a]
  • Dive and run to friends?
  • Try to fight?
  • Bail?
  • [/list=a]

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"
In arena: semperfi

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Quiz
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
Make evasive maneuvers, but only when the P-47 is lining up.  Let either the 109 or 190 finish me off.

No way I'm gonna let a damn P-47 kil me if I can help it    

J_A_B

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Quiz
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2001, 12:57:00 AM »
Try to make them auger me

if i'm gonna die, i take one with me

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Quiz
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2001, 02:25:00 AM »
"Scream" and start to play "HO girl"  

------------------
MASS/SAW

"I am distracted when I talk to my privates".
Wobble

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 03-17-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Quiz
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2001, 01:48:00 AM »
Honestly?  Try to put my plane in a spin quickly and then hope that they think I've lost the whole tail.  Chances are they might stop shooting at you.    I did this once and almost got away.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Dmitry

• Copper Member
Quiz
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2001, 01:55:00 AM »
call them dweebs, and then type GERONIMO on Ch. 1 - next bail.....

P.S> stalling and going in a spin is a good idea - worked for me 2 times  

------------------
Best regards
Dmitry aka vfGhosty

Sandman_SBM

Quiz
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2001, 02:40:00 AM »
Hmmm... disco wasn't an option...  

------------------
cheers,
sand
screamin blue messiahs

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
Quiz
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
It depends on what YOU want to do.    

• Option 1: If getting killed is really not important try to tag one of them by some means. You ARE going to die anyway.
  • Option 2:   Try and fly back to base wounded... see if they have ANY honour in allowing you to do this. LOL    
    If you try and evade 3 pilots there seems to be competitive juices in the emediate airspace that prevent this from ever happening.. Maybe just maybe a 1v1 but I have yet to see it with 3.
  • Option 3:  If not getting killed (for your score) has any meaning BAIL. Don't pop your chute until the last second so you can try and receive a lower factor in your kill stats. If you like to fly realistically this might be what a real-life pilot would do If you see the enemy coming to you.
  • Option 4: Bail and emediatly pop you chute. Spy out the enemy and call your buddies in. If they shoot your chute... Emediately get on Channel 1 and "Cry Chute Shooting Bastiges!.. You guys have no honor etc!" Guys in the main arena LOVE this and it really adds to the game play! The neat thing about this option is you can come in here and get a 100 post thread going after you do it! Some think it a good way to cover up for making a SA errors.
  • Option 5: Use the olympic method.. call your enemys on channel 1.. "I am going to Auger Guys.... RATE ME!" Then try and create the most spectacular auger you can do to intertain them. Then after your death they will rate you on a 1..10 basis in two catagories. (1 Technical Difficulty and 2 Artistic Merit).     They like this and you get positive messages,laughs, and good will from them instead of accusing you of whinning! See they are NOT REALLY on you side to begin with.
  • Option 6: Hit Alt F4 ... you are dead anyway! These guys get fierous! LOL They squeak and moan about the dweeb that Alt F4'd and whole bunch of other useless crap because they didn't get to race each other to fight for the explosion! This also creates more oportunities for Alt F4 threads on BBS and gives us more rediculous reading material.
  • Option 7: Pleed with your enemy not to shoot you. Ask him nice and tell him you will never fight him again and you will come over to there side after you land. I have never actually seen this tried.. but hmm it might work......... probably not hehe    
In sumation.. it is not important in the long run to anyone but you. Do what you feel you want to and LIFE WILL GO ON! One must remember after all, HTC lets you get a new plane after you pick any one of the above options after all of this is over. It is a game........

For me ... I fight my own fight and don't let others dictate what I chose to do. Everyone has there own opinion we will never all agree. Your choice is the only one you have to deal with.

Thunder

[This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 03-18-2001).]
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Quiz
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
Try and drag them low so someone else can pop 'em