Author Topic: Cheating in the MA? I have a film...  (Read 190 times)

Offline Servo

• Zinc Member
Cheating in the MA? I have a film...
« on: March 16, 2001, 10:45:00 PM »
Either this is a seriously bad bug, incredibly bad lag, or an outright cheat. I'm not sure. The situation was, I was defending my base from a large scale attack when I spotted a Nik2. We fought for a bit, but I finally nailed him. He lost an entire wing ...and kept on flying. So I figured I'd give him some to grow on and shot off his other wing. At this point he was just a flying fuselage, and still dogfighting! STILL SHOOTING! Then I turned on the film.

Shot him again, and he started leaking white and black smoke. No problem though, kept right on flying.

[Edit: Took the film out to protect the innocent]

There were a lot of green's around to see it too. They couldn't seem to shoot him down either. Look at the Spit right above me on the film.

Although, I mentioned something over CH1 about it... or was about to when I got attacked from a Nik2 from behind.

I let the recording run until I finally got the kill message.

If I'm out of line, let me know, and I'll edit the message.

Servo

[This message has been edited by Servo (edited 03-17-2001).]

Konrad

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2001, 10:48:00 PM »
This may be caused by packet loss.  Your FE tells you that he has been hit numerous times and his wings are missing, but he never got those messages from you or the host, so to him, he was never hit.  Doesnt mean he isnt cheating, since I guess you can induce this sort of packet loss.

------------------

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
 I have film of Hblair doing the forbidden dance of love, in a grass skirt. Its not cheating, But its just as disgusting.

Offline Servo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2001, 10:59:00 PM »
I thought that if the server sent my client visable damage (like wings breaking off or smoke trails) that a hit had been 'recorded'. I could be off base. It was over a few minutes though. No one else around me appeared to be warping. Also, I'm on a cable modem so packet loss is usually kept at a minimum.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2001, 12:13:00 AM »
Servo:

The problem is on his end not yours.  You shoot the con up and transmit the information to the server which broadcasts it to everyone.  But the damaged con doesn't get it so on his machine he keeps flying around and sending position updates.  Everybody around them sees them flying around in flames, since they did receive the information from the server.  I've seen this plenty of times, and usually the guy has a bad connection because they are someplace rather distant from Texas, like Argentina for example.

Hooligan

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2001, 12:39:00 AM »
Hooligan is correct.  You received the server's "he's damaged" information, but he did not.  There's no way to prove if the information didn't make it as a result of the net or some dubious activities.

Best not to smudge people's names based solely on the assumption they were cheating.

AKDejaVu

Offline Servo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2001, 01:01:00 AM »
It wasn't my intention to smudge anyone's name.

I've been playing Aces High since about December last year, and had never seen anything like that. I've seen major delays in displaying damage, but never displaying damage and not inflicting it.

That's why I was suspicious.

No big deal, now I'm a little wiser.

Servo --- learns quickly.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2001, 01:36:00 AM »
No, what he saw is a problem with the n1k FM.

That happened to me too, the other player even joked with me after it about how his totally wingless and smoking n1k could keep on looping and turning with the ruder and elev controls.

Those little green men sure build good planes!

-Pirado-

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2001, 02:31:00 AM »
"Those little green men sure build good planes!"

lol

it happened to me in h2h. I was flying niki, lost both wings and managed to ditch. The other guy got really mad at me  

Why they dont fix it?

------------------
Pirado
Messerschmitt Bf109
9./JG54 "Grüenherz"
Horrido!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2001, 03:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by easymo:
I have film of Hblair doing the forbidden dance of love, in a grass skirt. Its not cheating, But its just as disgusting.

Where's my check? You said you mailed it 3 months ago!!