Author Topic: New Threats  (Read 874 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2002, 03:37:02 PM »
Oedipus, you must have missed the part where once the cars were pulled over, bomb sniffing dogs reacted in a manner that the handlers deemed there to be possible explosive materials and/or residue in the vehicles.  That is why the 3 men were detained and their cars searched extensively (and the package blown up.)  When the bomb dogs react, the handlers and bomb squad take it very seriously.

Bomb threats are not something to make jokes about.  The 3 suspects supposedly said "if they thought 9/11 was bad, wait until 9/13."  That right there is probable cause enough to question them.  The fact they blew through a toll booth is enough to arrest them.  The bomb threats (even if a joke) are enough to have bomb sniffing dogs on the scene to examine the vehicles.  Once the dogs alerted the handlers, that's enough reason for the bomb squad to do their job and search the vehicles.

you don't tug on Superman's cape, and you don't spit into the wind...  and you don't talk about blowing stuff up on in a Shoney's.   (sorry that it doesn't rhyme with wind.  I'm not a poet!)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2002, 03:57:13 PM »
Originally posted by Oedipus
The sniff dogs weren't the beginning. The part where these three reacted to an unwarranted glare aimed at them was. The stupid part was thier reaction by playing to that racist glare.

ROFL

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
New Threats
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2002, 04:02:04 PM »
I hope the smart arse creeps enjoyed their afternoon sitting on the side of the highway

she reacted correctly as did law enforcement

if it turned out any other way she and/or law enforcement would be blamed

better safe than sorry
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2002, 04:15:24 PM »
Paint yourself purple and go into a theater and yell "fire!".

After you get out of jail, repeat the experiment, only this time paint yourself orange.

Repeat as necessary until you prove to yourself color has nothing to do with it.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2002, 04:21:19 PM »
Rofl?

Yes, ROFL at your understatement "The stupid thing was how they reacted".

Everything about this is suspect until the perps come out and say "we were provoked by racist glares" and that's the gospel truth all of a sudden.

Of course the best part is how, because I find you amusing, I'm part of the gestapo and want to set up death camps. Wow, your leap of logic in a single bound rivals the physical feats  of both supermen

Yes, ROFL at you.  Oedipus is a fitting name for someone so blind lol.

-Sikboy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2002, 04:23:59 PM by Sikboy »
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
New Threats
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2002, 07:23:19 PM »
Oedipus you are really an idiot if you think nobody will take terrorist threats seriously these days.  Are you aware that several of the 911 terrorists (freedom fighters to you I suspect), actually said in public to strangers they wanted to destroy America - Atta even pointed to a picture of a certain Washington landmark and said he'd wanna see it destroyed. You know why that wasnt reported? The lady in the flightschool who was meeting him later admited she didnt want to be offensive and prejudical in thinking he was an actual terrorist threat because he was an Arab middle east muslim so she never told anyone.

So please take your degenerate fantasies somewhere else.

Oedipus are you one of the white devil opressors? If so, please go to restaurant with another white devil opressor and openly threaten a major terrorist attack.  Report your findings.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2002, 07:28:47 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
New Threats
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2002, 07:56:42 PM »
I thought medical types have an inner devotion to help and save lives not joke about its lost as a grand form novelty. Hum, shrug. One of them musta been a good story teller.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2002, 08:28:44 PM »
I'm positive those kids had it up to here with the 'looks' and the 'states' because they are Middle Eastern-Americans and they taunted the people who treated them with disparaging looks when they walked in the door..

That's a pretty strong statement, don't you think? Funny thing is, at the beginning of the paragraph you state color had nothing to do with it, then end with this paragraph that clearly indicates you believe color DID have something to do with it. You're saying that because they looked Middle-eastern they were singled out for persecution. That would be color-related, dontha think? ;)

Anyway, I'm glad you are positive what those guys were thinking, because if I'd overheard that conversation I would have reported it, too. I don't possess your telepathic prowess, it seems. It wouldn't have mattered to me what color you were, either. Tim McVeigh was as white as any cracka could hope to be.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2002, 09:35:43 PM »
Oed, I'm just trying to sort out your argument. It changes from one end of your paragraph to the other, so I really can't be sure. If you think my pointing this out is twisting your words, maybe you should re-read what you write?

BTW, you offer an opinion, I offer an opinion and guess what? No one kicked either of our doors in and hauled us off for it. I believe you are wrong on this (your opinion of the events of Florida), but take heart, that doesn't prove you're wrong. Just my opinion, nothing more.

Thankfully I don't need Larry King, Peter Jennings, or Bill Moyer to help me make up my mind. ;)

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
New Threats
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2002, 09:41:17 PM »
I'm just glad some of you aren't my neighbors.

Woha! Slow down there Hot Rod. Hey, I don't agree with Rip's point of view, or Maverick's, or Leslie's or Toad's, or Kieran's, or many others...But I'd be more than happy to have any one of these guys for my neighbor. It's a provable fact that conservatives have better lawns than liberals, even if they do favor three foot high chain link fences for their front yards and an abundent sprinkling of plastic pink flamingos. I'd be happy with any of these guys for a neighbor.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2002, 09:41:35 PM »
I'm just glad some of you aren't my neighbors.

Me too. All those signs and placards you have littering the yard, warning of the impending disappearance of our civil liberties would drop my property value. ;)

I swear, Elf, I thought I'd beaten everyone to the punch. This guy's just taking this waaaay too personally, and I'd hoped to lighten it up.

You beat me to it, fair and square. S!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
New Threats
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2002, 09:54:26 PM »
Elf, if I weren't too lazy to go search, I'm sure I could quote you actually agreeing with me about a few things.

My lawn is average at best... after all Labradors live and play here. I hate chain link... the back has 4' cedar pickets space about 3" to keep the dogs in the back when I want them in the back.

No pink flamingoes or any lawn art for that matter... if I WERE to get some lawn art, it'd probably be something to do with Labs.

Guess this means I'm not conservative, huh?

I never really thought of myself as conservative. I describe myself as a "common sense responsibilitarian/accountabilitarian".

If someone else finds that viewpoint to be "conservative" I think that might say more about them than me. ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2002, 09:58:46 PM »
I'm conservative.

I believe anyone of color is not to be trusted.

I think kids on free lunch should be served tree bark.

I think the instant you toke on a fatty, you have an insatiable urge to go out and kill people.

I think all Middle-easterners should be rounded up for internment (great suggestion, Oed!).

I think oil is a great reason to go to war.

Sorry I can't think of more stereotypes, I've had a long day and I'm tired.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
New Threats
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2002, 10:50:49 PM »
"I'm just glad some of you aren't my neighbors."

Why?

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
New Threats
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2002, 10:54:40 PM »
Elfenwolf lives in Sacramento. I've been there. If he was your neighbor, there would be a big ugly old trailer parked out front, perhaps on the lawn. Is that what you want? Now that I think of it, I bet you anything laz has a big ugly trailer on his lawn also since he lives in Dixon. I've been there also and everybody who lives in that town (pop 100) has a large trailer out front.