Author Topic: Aheditor  (Read 422 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Aheditor
« on: September 14, 2002, 09:39:14 PM »
my AH editor is porked!

Kantorri didn't send the res file so i tried to load it and i hit build, I got Kantorri's map to load but now the editor won't let me open anything , soon as i hit any button i CTD.  

I deleted, reinstalled, redownloaded and still cannot get it to work. It opens but just shows a blue sky no ground, I make a new map and it shows briefly then POOF back to all sky.

:(
guess i'm outta the loop till the next editor.

See ya's then!

Nuttz

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Aheditor
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 10:30:23 PM »
hmmmmm......

maybe you should try to completly wipe out EVERY trace of the editor, including deleting the folder its in (don't forget to back up your terrain files) and any registry files to do with the editor

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Aheditor
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 10:34:47 PM »
Don't panic.

Goto to your curter.cfg open it and make sure it points to a terrain that you have the editor files for that you know are good.  The try reopening the editor.

Wab
« Last Edit: September 14, 2002, 10:37:00 PM by AKWabbit »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Aheditor
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 11:24:28 AM »
You read but can't comprehend? RE- read my post.

I deleted and re-installed.  I did this about 20 times. I'm not a noob when it comes to computers, thats why this has me baffled.

I can open up any res file, but then the editor defaults back to just sky no ground, and any button gives me an error and boots me.  when i reopen the editor I see my last map for a brief moment then POOF back to just sky and an error when touching any key.... save, exit, etc. So exit the comp reopen editor and try to make a new map, Yup i can, called it DUH, saved as 256 size map, build, exit, save.... no errors...... exit reopen editor, i see the map briefly, then POOF all sky and error locks. Now i deleted the entire folder, both threw deleting and threw AH unwise. Re-downloaded the editor ( just in case mine was bad) and same results. after about no less than 20 tries of this< I would say there is a problem.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by BenDover
hmmmmm......

maybe you should try to completly wipe out EVERY trace of the editor, including deleting the folder its in (don't forget to back up your terrain files) and any registry files to do with the editor

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Aheditor
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2002, 01:01:46 PM »
Do you install your editor in Aces High dir or its own?

If you don't already, try installing the editor in its own folder separate from Aces High.  Then try creating a new terrain.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Aheditor
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2002, 02:54:35 PM »
That sucks Nuttz! :(

Sorry! I can't think of anything else to say.   I also can't think of anything else that's not already listed here, to try. :confused:

I already know this answer...... I'm assuming if you did anything new to your computer you would have listed it here.  
( don't yell at me!!!!  ;)  it had to be asked )

I guess the only democratic thing we can do is blame Kantorri  :D

P.S  Maybe you should shut your computer off for a little while.  It probably could use a break,  when was the last time it ( and you )had a vacation?  :D  :D  :D

Pokie

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Aheditor
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2002, 03:52:16 PM »
What a h...ll? I have no problems with my Editor or TE-files. I just opened Terrain Editor and FinRus10 file, it works very normal! I checked viruses too, and there is any!:confused:

I send the res-file to you, Nuttz???

And don't shoot me, I'm only a piano player...:rolleyes:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Aheditor
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2002, 03:55:38 PM »
nope, no res file so i had to let the editor make it.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by kanttori
What a h...ll? I have no problems with my Editor or TE-files. I just opened Terrain Editor and FinRus10 file, it works very normal! I checked viruses too, and there is any!:confused:

I send the res-file to you, Nuttz???

And don't shoot me, I'm only a piano player...:rolleyes:

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Aheditor
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2002, 04:02:39 PM »
thanx Wabbit that fixed it. Funny i have acroreader 5.0 and the file is looking for 3.0 and it can't read it. Microsoft office opened it:)

NUTTZ

Originally posted by AKWabbit
Don't panic.

Goto to your curter.cfg open it and make sure it points to a terrain that you have the editor files for that you know are good.  The try reopening the editor.

Wab

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Aheditor
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2002, 04:15:54 PM »
yeah, but did you run regedit and delete stuff to do with AH TE?

also, did you run scan disk?

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Aheditor
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2002, 04:49:26 PM »
Relax Dave, I heard a little birdie singin' in the trees.