Author Topic: What about...  (Read 256 times)

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
What about...
« on: April 27, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
IMO, one thing that would add some inmersion to the MA is to drop all those A1, A2, V4, APi*sqr(e^3), etc... and actually put names "resembling" real locations. For example:

SYSTEM: Chateau-sur-mer has been captured by the Bishops

or:

"Who's up for a raid to Hawkingshire (*) and Sheels?"
"The goon has to be somewhere between Lanzio and Ancola"
"Big assault otw to Bahula Beach!!" (Ok perhaps this is getting too silly)  

To make navigation easier, all German-sounding towns could be in the same area, and the same would apply for all Japanese, Italian, English, French, etc... and the nations could change from Tour to Tour, adding some more atmosphere to it.

So... what do you think?

Daniel, aka CyranoDB

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What about...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
We could call A1 "New Jersey".  Nobody would ever want to capture it.

AKDejaVu

Mr. T

What about...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
Yeah man... that would be ssssooooo cool! Especially when you are sitting there taking off from a field under attack desperately trying to stall your airplane across the sky and manuever yourself out of the way of their bullets trying to figure out WHAT_THE_F*CK the name of your airfield is then trying to TYPE the damn name into your keyboard to request for assistance...

"Help!!! The field I'm at is under attack need help!!"

"What field?"

"Uhhh... some gay french name... HELP!!!!!"

-SW

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What about...
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
Mr T wulfie?

You are a tool.  

AKDejaVu

Mr. T

What about...
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2001, 02:52:00 PM »
Shut up fool! That damn UBB crash porked my SeaWulfe account and I'm such a lazy bastard I don't feel like emailing them asking them to fix it.

Besides if I really piss someone off I can act like it wasn't me..
I'll blame it on the inspecta collecta!
-SW

Sturm

What about...
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
ROFL we were discussing the A-Team today at work.  Had one guy doing a Mr t impersonation that was dead on.  Don't you find it ironic that of the 8, we both lost our profiles?  And BTW I never got a chance to return the apology, and I am lazy as well haven't even retyped 4 lines back in.  

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
What about...
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
Ok Wulf, we can put a big flashing sign at the tower with the "gay french name" for you to know where you are.

Better that way?  

Daniel, aka CyranoDB

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
What about...
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
You're assuming he can read

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
What about...
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2001, 03:43:00 PM »
From: http://members.aol.com/immurdoc/a-team/writestuff.htm

The LuftWaffle Leather Inspector's
Niki Warp Drive Engine
by SOB

On tonight's A-Team, Murdock has an old friend who's a LuftWaffle Leather Inspector. But his friend has a big problem. A rival LuftWaffle Leather Inspector is trying to drive the friend out of business. The rival has already molested his friend's sheep, and tried to steal a Niki Warp Drive Engine.
The rest of the team arrives to help. Mr. T, is tremendously attracted to the pretty girl (st. santa) who works with the LuftWaffle Leather Inspector, but she prefers Habbibal. To further complicate matters the team is being chased by HTC.

The A-Team has a fight with the men of the rival LuftWaffle Leather Inspector. Habbibal says, ''We're gonna hit you where it hurts!''. Murdock throws two guys through a window. Mr. T gets a black eye and Habbibal doesn't even break a sweat.

But the A-Team is captured when the rival's boss, Milenko, shows up with twelve guys carrying uzis. The A-Team is locked in a tower. Mr. T says, ''dammit fool! we In a helluva bad sicha-ation''. Hannibal comes up with a plan. They build an armored Chog out of guns and odds 'n ends.

The A-Team escapes and goes into Milenko's territory, guns a-blazing. ''All I wanted was to sniff LuftWaffle airplane seats and listen to John Tesh music, and that Niki Warp Drive Engine was the key.'' complains Milenko, as the A-Team leaves him tied up for HTC.

''i'm gonna take that Chog and fly off into the wild blue yonder!'' says Murdock.

Fini
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
What about...
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
I smell a thread hijacking... what are your demands?  

Daniel, aka CyranoDB

[This message has been edited by CyranoAH (edited 04-27-2001).]