Author Topic: How did you meet your better half?  (Read 931 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
How did you meet your better half?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2002, 03:09:48 PM »
Hot tub.

Roommate and I made a bet.

He still owes me the money.

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2002, 03:12:15 PM »
Well, I'm still single, and all referrals will be appreciated!

Offline Morgoth

• Copper Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2002, 03:20:10 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
Sometimes I'd like to sell mine back. (looking over shoulder)

Trade her in at the end of the lease period. Watch out for mileage and dings tho ...

Offline 28sweep

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2002, 03:20:34 PM »
I was working in central Mexico a few years ago.  I happened to walk buy this chick selling tortillas on the street.  I said, "Hey Ill give you a green card if you marry me." A few days latter she was swimming across the Rio Grand like Mark Spitz.  Border Agents had no freaking chance.  We paid 5$ to the Justice of the Peace and the rest is history.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2002, 03:39:04 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

Airspro and Elfenwolf are married to the same woman! :eek:

Who said my wife was a woman???:eek:

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2002, 04:09:52 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf

Who said my wife was a woman???:eek:

Airspro and Elfenwolf are married to the same man!  :eek:

Offline MwRod

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2002, 07:08:55 PM »
Well was at the bowling alley, which is where i spent 80% of my time when not working. She came in with her girlfriend, and ask counter for lessons. Well Counter person said see that big guy over there he is the best there is, and I'm sure he would be glad to help. She came over and asked if I would teach her to bowl,(her Geology Department was going to bowl against Math department at the University) She Was from Romania which give me a opening since I had a romanian working for me. Durring her lessons I tried to find out how old she was since she looked 20 and i was pushing 40. Well I spent 2 hrs teaching her how to bowl. and got courage up to ask her to dinner.

She accepted dinner, and we had a great dinner. On the way home I asked her what she thught about me and our date. She shocked me with " You are to big for me" I'm 6'4" 340 she is 5'0" 100 lbs. i was hurt but kept quiet untill i got to her door to say good night. I said Mona-liza (yes real first name)its not to polite in aerica to be so hurtful you couldv'e just said things wouldn't work instead of saying I'm to FAT.

Sh said no your not to fat your to big as in tall, I said comeon who would pass on a good person because of hieght. she tells me a boyfriend her first love told her she was too small and she didn't want to get hurt again.

So I asked her if she had 30mins, she looked puzzled. Told her i want her to meet my grandparents. My grandfather was  7'2" and grandma is 4'11" , well when she met my grandparents and found out hey have been married for 65 years, things changed and we have been together since that first date.

Now have a 5 year old boy together and 5 kids total.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2002, 07:36:40 PM »
Originally posted by MwRod
Well was at the bowling alley, which is where i spent 80% of my time when not working. She came in with her girlfriend, and ask counter for lessons. Well Counter person said see that big guy over there he is the best there is, and I'm sure he would be glad to help. She came over and asked if I would teach her to bowl,(her Geology Department was going to bowl against Math department at the University) She Was from Romania which give me a opening since I had a romanian working for me. Durring her lessons I tried to find out how old she was since she looked 20 and i was pushing 40. Well I spent 2 hrs teaching her how to bowl. and got courage up to ask her to dinner.

She accepted dinner, and we had a great dinner. On the way home I asked her what she thught about me and our date. She shocked me with " You are to big for me" I'm 6'4" 340 she is 5'0" 100 lbs. i was hurt but kept quiet untill i got to her door to say good night. I said Mona-liza (yes real first name)its not to polite in aerica to be so hurtful you couldv'e just said things wouldn't work instead of saying I'm to FAT.

Sh said no your not to fat your to big as in tall, I said comeon who would pass on a good person because of hieght. she tells me a boyfriend her first love told her she was too small and she didn't want to get hurt again.

So I asked her if she had 30mins, she looked puzzled. Told her i want her to meet my grandparents. My grandfather was  7'2" and grandma is 4'11" , well when she met my grandparents and found out hey have been married for 65 years, things changed and we have been together since that first date.

Now have a 5 year old boy together and 5 kids total.

WOW!
Lots of great stories!  But so far, this one takes the prize!
Thanks MwRod,
Great read.

eskimo

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2002, 07:44:39 PM »
Wife and I while attending the same college, she in Nuring, I in Air Transportation, worked together in a Mexican restaurant...had a one night fling after 6 months of working together,(we'd been  drinking alittle ;) ) decided it was best not to date since we worked together. 3 years later I met her again by chance while out for dinner with friends, set up a date and a year later we were married, going on 13 years now.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2002, 07:50:29 PM »
28sweep,
Really?
Stranger things have happened...

Saurdaukar,
Expand on this please...

Seeker,
Great story, but WTF were you doing with glitter on your nipples?
My concept of Holland has now permanently changed: windmills, wooden shoes, bicycles or ice skaters everywhere, pot bars, dikes, flowers, and now... thanks to you... men with lick-able glitter on their nipples?

eskimo

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2002, 07:54:00 PM »
I was living with an amazinhunk guitar player and his stuck up girlfriend,when her sister came downtown to check out the band.

Moved in two months later,2 years after that married and 3 months from now will give me the greatest gift of our first son..:)

Turns out she likes bass players..:)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2002, 08:08:18 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
and 3 months from now will give me the greatest gift of our first son..:)

WTG and congratulations!

You are in for the ride of your life!

You're going to fall in love all over again, and just think, maybe in a year you'll get to sleep through the night again!

:)

eskimo

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2002, 08:27:24 PM »
Lol!..I'm trying to be 1 step ahead of the game..The "Baby Room" was stripped..added double layer of sound insulating fibreglass and two layers of 1/2 inch drywall....Used 6 tubes of caulking to seal all the cracks as well.

/..:)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2002, 08:41:36 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
Lol!..I'm trying to be 1 step ahead of the game..The "Baby Room" was stripped..added double layer of sound insulating fibreglass and two layers of 1/2 inch drywall....Used 6 tubes of caulking to seal all the cracks as well.

/..:)

LOL, guess what, babies pretty much have two modes of sleep:
#1. Sleep through anything.
#2. Will wake up to anything.

I built a bathroom from the ground up with my second daughter strapped to my chest.  Hammering, drilling, walking around, or even down on my hands and knees.  If she wanted to sleep, she slept.

But when shes only half asleep, breath too loud and shee wakes up.

eskimo

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2002, 08:55:42 PM »
I was a garbologist (janitor) working my way through college. I read the newspaper one day before work and noticed the picture of a pretty high school senior in the student section. She was looking up at another student, a young man, and I was struck by the look on her face (probably why I noticed the picture at all).

Later that same day I saw her walking by me as I was sweeping the floor of the mall. For whatever reason I did something completely out of character and spoke right up to her (I was very shy, and would never dreamt of talking to girls I didn't know the way I did). "Hey, it's that celebrity from the newspaper!", or some such nonsense. She was with a young man I presumed to be her boyfriend, and didn't think more of the incident.

As the days went on I noticed her more and more often, this time in the company of another young lady. I was still unaware I was being stalked, and once again spoke to her. This turned into a frequent event, and eventually I worked the nerve up to ask her out. She accepted, and we were set to go out the following Saturday.

Her 10-year-old sister taps me on the shoulder Thursday of that week and said, "Leisa won't be able to go out with you on Saturday, she's going to be sick."

"Huh", thinks I, I've been blown off before, but never like that. Oh well, give her points for creativity, I guess. I go back into my life of school and work none worse for the wear.

Within a couple of weeks she's back around, and I am talking again. I assume things are going to remain plutonic, and we stick to chit-chat. After a couple of months I get around to mentioning the "date", and joked how I'd never been blown off quite that way before. She was horrified.

"My sister didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what, that you planned to be sick on Saturday? Yeah, she told me."

"No- I had mono, that's why I disappeared for two weeks!"

So, we went out on the date that almost wasn't, and it wasn't long before I knew she was the one. It turned out the young man in the picture had just said something incredibly stupid and she was glaring at him, the young man I saw her with initially was her brother, and her sister was a brat that liked to stir up trouble.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2002, 08:57:58 PM by Kieran »