Author Topic: Lw (giap) Cap Aar  (Read 342 times)

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Lw (giap) Cap Aar
« on: September 15, 2002, 09:15:41 AM »
I understand that AAR's are to be reviewed by the upper echelons in regard to player performance and medals awarded where appropriate???  

We were ordered to take 2 goons and the rest 110's.  Our numbers were down and for some reason our walkons weren't getting aboard.  This left us with just a handful of 110's to deack and attack with.

We took off at A20 and flew north for about 3 or 4 squares where we had to capture A13 field.  This we managed (unchallenged) but the ack did tear us up and with so many of us damaged most had to reup when the window opened again. This left OB1 and 44MAG (our guest) alive along with our two erstwhile goons.  Wotan's group covered in 109's while the four heros attacked the port P35 our primary objective.  The rest of us raced up there as fast as we could go from A20 after the reup window.  All the while we were in flight we listened to the story of carnage unfolding.  I think Wotans guys shot up maybe 30 hurris or so by the chat  :)and we lost our last 2 110's. :(

The fight was still underway when we arrived and I promptly (literally) ran into a hurricane in the swirl.  I then set out to walk to the base.  (This is a new concept in this arena, stay alive and walk home to avoid capture!)  Our 110's and covering 109's tore up the rest of the Hurris (and we got tore up a bit too) and in comes our goons and bingo - first major objective achieved: we capture the port!!

We are all ordered down and told to report to the tower at A17 for assignment.  We grab goons and 109's and head north at the reup.  Nearly there and we are bounced and trounced horribly.  Kisters tries to get help to us but we are dead before they can find us.  First trip up the "valley of death" doesn't cheer the heart!

Last window opens and Kisters puts all his eggs into the one basket.  GIAP all get into goons and somebody get has to get through or we die trying!!

The RAF know we're coming - they know where and how and when.  The two air armadas crunch together over the port P37!  We try to get our goons through a rolling tumultuous slaughterhouse.  Every where you look you see goons turning twisting and dodging hurris.  109's diving and climbing - friendly fire hitting planes - falling planes. Smoke and flame all over.  The JU88's are on the deck trying to look like goons to sucker the hurris down and its working.  One by one we fall, now painfully close to the target, it's in sight but just too far for the troops to run.  All seems lost.

We have only one goon left.  Mijoie has gone further north and skirted and dodged through the crowd and chaos.  He commences his run in.  Time is ticking - 5 minutes left in the frame.  He sneaks by 1, 2, 3 and more hurris that don't see him.  He is a minute out now and there is a minute left in the frame!  Psy is gunning for a Ju88 and berates the pilot until he forms right on Mijoie and determines to die to get that goon in.   Troops out!  Running!  The clock ticks down and the CM says closing logs now!!!!  Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiitttttttt we scream!  3 to go in! Why he says, I have to close the logs now!  One to go in and..................He says" Logs closed" as the base capture comes up!

Did we win?  Man I don't know but what a finish!

to Kisters - what a job and how well you did it!
to GIAP - we delivered!
to Mijoie - what a finish and what skill.

Please note when handing out the gongs the skill nerve and drama of that last surviving c47 and the impact it had on making this the best ever event in AH!
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.