Author Topic: Will buy you lunch...  (Read 294 times)

Offline Garobi

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.garobi.ang.af.mil/index.htm
Will buy you lunch...
« on: September 23, 2002, 10:55:17 AM »
I am tired of being odd man out. I need someone to advise me how to get Vox to work...yes...yes...I know about the Wave In box. I need to get it set up in windows i.e. the recording and playback settings in audio/sound controls.

My soundcard is a:

AW200/AS9200 Audio Phantom anyone use this type?

My original sound was from SoundMax Integreted Digital Audio, I installed the card (the AW200...) and it worked fine with Roger Wilco, but when AH went built in Vox it doesn't work.

When I transmit all sounds go high pitch and voices come in very, very, very fast. I am advised that other folks here me as a garbled mess.

Any help or advice will be appreciated, heck if you are near Macon, Georgia I'll pay you US Dollars to fix it!

Garobi
aka
AmmoNH

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
Will buy you lunch...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 12:17:31 PM »
Give us a little more of the config (OS)?  Did you setup DB loss/gain in volume control?  I assume you disabled the onboard sound?

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Will buy you lunch...
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 10:38:09 PM »
Yo Garobi, while in AH, you can set the V channel to yourself such as:

/.radio 5 garobi

Then you can hit which ever key to talk to chan 5 which is the V chan and you should hear yourself. If you cant hear yourself then quit AH. You may have to map that key, mine is maped to the T key. The Y key is default Range tho you may have to set that key also. Check AH-->Settings-->Keymapper wihin AH to see if its set.

Pull UP RW, heres the trick. Make sure RW works ok by testing your mic there. If you hear yourself then ok.  (If not then RW needs its own setting within its software set to the proper sound devices and mic recorder volume set.) Close RW if RW works.

Pull up the Windows Sound Recorder

Programs-->Accessories-->Entertainmant-->SoundRecorder

Click the record button and see if you can record something. Rewind, play it. You should see a green wave form  of some sort representing the input channel (our mic) into wav format on the sound recorder. If you dont hear anything then pull up the

Programs-->Accessories-->Entertainmant-->VolumeControl

Make sure your Line-In is set high enough so that the mic is picking up your voice. Also make sure the "Mute" check box is check for Line-in.

Other issues ---

Under the SoundControl menu, click top left corner under the:

Options-->Properties

Under the two main facilities of the SoundControler listed as "Adjust Volume For", there is:

Playback
Recorder

Click them to see which devices (can have more than one type of sound device you know, example entertainment industry mixing AV PC stations). This is shown in the "Mixer Device" text box. Should point to your default sound card or explicitly at the name of your sound card device. Make sure thats set right.

PS: If that last portion was off, RW would still work because RW has its own options to point to a sound device within its software exclusive of this.

Also, if AH ever "LOCKS" up your sound device (after closing AH), you can pull up RW to unlock the device and free it up again for use. This bug may have gone away now though. Then start up AH again.

Good luck...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2002, 10:45:07 PM by senna »

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Will buy you lunch...
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2002, 10:50:45 PM »
Almost forgot. Once you can record yourself in the sound recorder and play it back ok with the correct volume and line-in mic level on the SoundController then it should work in AH. Thats the test as stated in the AH voice help pages.

Offline Garobi

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.garobi.ang.af.mil/index.htm
Stand by...
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 03:31:20 PM »
I'll try that this weekend. Thanks.

Garobi
aka
AmmoNH
Nightmares