Author Topic: Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0  (Read 478 times)

Offline Furzy

• Zinc Member
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« on: September 14, 2002, 07:31:07 PM »
I love The Scenarios I really do but having to start one at 11pm and god forbid I were French or further east 12pm+. Thats the Start time Add 10mins as usual. Its just not too freindly global wise. The CAP is depriving Euro of its usual Snapshots / TOD's.

Furzy

Offline Greg Stelmack

• Zinc Member
Re: Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 08:35:47 AM »
Originally posted by Furzy
I love The Scenarios I really do but having to start one at 11pm and god forbid I were French or further east 12pm+. Thats the Start time Add 10mins as usual. Its just not too freindly global wise. The CAP is depriving Euro of its usual Snapshots / TOD's.

Furzy

I for one am glad to finally see an east-coast friendly event. Middle of the day on Saturday is prime "get stuff done around the house" time, and launching at 9PM+ during the week makes it hard on those of us who need to get to work the next morning (and if you're gettig up early during the week, staying up real late on Friday is not fun). This is the first event that's been run that I can actually make it to on a regular basis.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2002, 09:28:31 AM »
I believe the CMs are both Euro.  Swoop's in Amsterdam.

Maybe he has to wait for Jenga to get to sleep  :D
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 09:55:43 AM »
Puck, damn right!

:)

Actually Furzy, you're the 1st person to say it's too late.  So far, most of the Brits are pleased the event is just after pub closing time and we had plenty of Euro's in there too, GA, Wilbuz, Wmaker, etc.

*If* it looks like the event is running too late then we'll consider moving the time slot, but right now it looks pretty good from the Euro turnout numbers.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Re: Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2002, 10:09:37 AM »
Originally posted by Furzy
The CAP is depriving Euro of its usual Snapshots / TOD's.

Furzy

Last I checked, we didnt have any events scheduled on Saturdays and thats why this event was created.  The Euro-friendly TOD was moved to Sundays due in part to a majority of the Euro time slot folks request to have it on Sunday rather than Saturday.  So CAP isnt depriving any Euros of any Snapshots or TODs.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2002, 10:28:55 AM »
Do not change CAP time-day pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramzey

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2002, 10:54:57 AM »
I was initially concerned that 11pm was too late, however it seems that *most* euros are happy with the timing.  Please let us know what you think.

Offline Furzy

• Zinc Member
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2002, 01:01:09 PM »
OK Im wrong. I did enjoy the CAP last night. But I was bloody tired during and after it when I posted. Probably due to drinking beers on a sun soaked lakeside beforehand. While the Fishing was good the flying wasnt, everything happened too fast for my befuddled brain:) .
Anyway I agree the time slot does suit more people than it doesnt which is fine. But will there still be the odd snapshot on Sunday while the CAP's are on?.

Furzy

PS Appreciate all the CM's work involved in these things.

Offline MIJ0IE

• Zinc Member
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2002, 09:35:33 PM »
love the time slot ,never play event before due to aussie time is always a day and a bit ahead of rest of the world all in aces ans HT

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2002, 04:32:37 AM »
Furzy,

The TODs will continue with roughly a 3 week on 1 week off cycle.  On the 1 week off there will also be the odd snaphots.  So its pretty much events every saturday and sunday nights from now on:)

Offline opar

• Zinc Member
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2002, 05:36:16 AM »
CAP time
Personally, I think it is just a bit too late. I believe most of Europe has 6 hours time difference. I had to 01:30 Saturday night (or Sunday morning).

At that time the logs where still not closed.

01:30 is too late for me. I have two kids :) :)  that wants my attention early in the morning.

Moving the event forward just one or two hours would make a big difference for us European.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Cap- Usa 1 -- Euro 0
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2002, 07:54:13 AM »
Opar, see my reply in the other thread you started.