Author Topic: CT neads a Few Good Maps please:)  (Read 301 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
CT neads a Few Good Maps please:)
« on: September 08, 2002, 08:11:48 PM »
Gentail men I would like to start off by saying TY for all the great maps we have to use in the CT you all know who you are and how much your work means to the comunity( wheather they realise it or not). So having said that I would like to ask for a couple maps some of which I beleave are near to compleation, and others that would be great adations and ad much to the imershion factor and play well to our ever expanding plane set.

Greace: I do beleave that this map is near to compleation although it has been some time since I spoke with 10Bears or sundog about it I certainly hope we get to see it, it would be great fun in the CT.

Tobrook: A map that would allow us to fight the early battles in NA that we now have so many great planes for would add much to the imershion factor and the popularity of this theater would realy help make this a Great set up.

Eastern Front 44/45: A map of Hungery or Poland would be nice to have for VVS and Luftwaffe set up's Maybe one including part of Romania, and the Polisty oil field's This would be Great not only for CT use but for the CM boys as well for obvious reasions.

Now If we had a couple French planes we could do Syira, Madascar, and Bof, now their are some posabalitys:)

Just food for thought Gentailmen If anyone has somthing on the shelf they could dust off and toss our way It would be a big help TY all very Much for what you have done and what you may do in the future:)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 04:02:01 AM »
Hello Brady!

Wait a couple of weeks and you can have a new Eastern Front map from Finland-Russia area! Here is some information (MOTD) of my new map:

"FINLAND - RUSSIA CONTINUATION WAR MAP (Beta testing)

This is a historical map of the Continuation War 1941-44 between Finland and Russia. The current year is 1944. Map scale is 1:4.

In this map Rooks are Finns, Bishops are Russians and Knights are Germans. They can use following historical planes:

ROOKS/FINLAND:
Bf 109 G-2/G-6, Hurricane Mk I, Curtiss P-40B, F4F (simulating Brewster Buffalo) C-47A and Ju88A-4.

BISHOPS/RUSSIA:
La5FN, Yak-9T/9U, Hurricane Mk I/Mk II, P-40B/40E, P-51B, C-47A, Il-2 Type 3, A-20G and Boston III.

KNIGHTS/GERMANY:
Bf 109 E-4/F-4/G-2/G-6, Bf 110 C-4b/G-2, Fw 190A-5/F-8, C-47A and Ju88A-4.

SPECS:

The current game type is Teams
Ammo is set at normal
Fuel Burn is set at normal
Down time is set at normal
Killshooter is off (be careful: don't shoot friendly pilots :-))
Enemy icon range is short (3K)
Enemy Radar range is about 8 miles from Airfields
Enemy Sector Counter range is about 12 miles from Airfields

EXTRAORDINARY IN THIS MAP:

The little "Backwoods Airfields" (VH-runaway) have not hangars. There are 8 fighter and 4 bomber in every field and you must shoot them down. They are like hangars/dugouts but not so difficult to destroy. That kind of fields were very typical in this front on those days.

Be worth to shoot trucks, tents and fuel barrels, too! For ex. in trucks are fuel, ammo, troops or even Vodka :-)

SOME HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:

In Northern Finland (called Lappland), Norway and Estonia there were Germans (Knights), because Finland and Germany were allied in 1941 - 1944.

Finnish politics was never nazi politics like in Germany in those days. Finland fought against Russia (our old enemy) and that was the only reason to ally with Germany.

We had about 100 World War II aces in Finland. Our best pilots were Ilmari Juutilainen (96 victories) and Hans Wind (75 victories). They both flew mostly with Brewster Buffalo and Bf 109 fighters."

Brady, you are wellcome to look my map to H2H Arena called "Suur-Suomi: Finland-Russia Teams". It is open almost every evening at 19:00 - 23:00 GMT.

Map is working good now, because we have tested it in H2H Arenas about three months with my friends. There has visited very many other players, too, and I think they all like the map layout and for ex. my little "Backwoods Airfields"! :-)

And Nuttz, thank you for your "Jungle Textures". I have modified them a little and made a totally new lake-coastlines. I have used a very nice looking "urban area" texture, too, but I don't know who has made it...

One question:

Who is the big boss :D  who choose the maps to Combat Theater? I am ready to send my Finland.res-file to him/her and hear some feedback of it! :cool:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2002, 04:08:28 AM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 09:07:39 AM »
No Big BOSS:), Just us stafers. Wotan, Sabre, Buzz, Jarbo and myself,we use whatever mao we can get our paws on:) All u nead to do is send it to HTC, I will come in and look at the map in H2H and then if you like you can send it to HTC Ronni or Mathew can help to get it tested and then available for download, after I see it I will call or E mail then to let them know we are looking forward tpo using it, sounds great can't wait to see it:)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2002, 05:57:21 AM »
Hello Brady!

I have made the improvements to my Finland-Russia map what you said:

There is now GV and Boat spawns here and there: GV spawns are about 50 % fields and Boat entrys in every "near lake" fields!

I have repaired the "Backwoods airfields", too: now they don't ditch. I made them at the same time smaller! Now they are really small: about 600 X 600 yards.... I think our bomber pilots don't like them! :-)

I am making Knights railways, stations and roads ready in this weekend and after that I think the terrain is ready to HTC's first time check, because I want feedback of bugs, mistakes etc.

I am still waiting the new version of Terrain Editor, because I want the new skins to almost all planes.

And because we don't have BREWSTER in AH, we must make FM2 to Brewster with skins... Can you do anything that we can have Brewster (The legendary Finnish version)? :D

Please, send me your (or somebodys) e-mail adress, where I can post the terrain files!

Best wishes

Kanttori
Warrant Officer
Leijonat-Squad / Finland
ismo@kesalesket.net

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2002, 05:06:45 AM »
Hello Brady!:cool:

It is ready to map-check! Where I send it? I need feedback, then i can make the final adjustments!

Nuttz have checked the map and he found couple of mistakes, I repair them.

I am making new account to Main Arena after summer pause. Is there something "free tickets" or reduction to map makers? :D

Kanttori
Warrant Officer
Leijonat Squad
Suomi - Finland
ismo@kesalesket.net