Author Topic: Suggestions for HTC to consider in the future - add your ideas  (Read 703 times)

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
Suggestions for HTC to consider in the future - add your ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
you can use a program called snagit  to make  movies in avi format. im not sure how well it works but it may be worth a try

trell

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
Well Trell, see for yourself how snagit works:
Film 1 - my Aces High snagit demo 1.2mb
--note the deadly vertical rolling scissors... well deadly if I flew chog  

Then here is method two, which involves a rapid sequence of screenshots used to construct a movie.
Film 2 - screenshot to video 977k
--note the awesome P-47 flying again  

The quality of the second film is almost as good as the "real thing", albeit at 512x384 resolution for comparison with the snagit film.  (Also there is an annoying fcoder message there because I had to use that program to convert the RLE compressed bitmap files so Quicktime pro would accept them.)  Snagit just could not sustain an acceptable framerate, even with my film viewer in AH slowed all the way down.

Problem with the second film is it relied on me doing a rapid fire dance on the alt-s key combo while my film played in slo-mo.  Unfortunately, I cannot tap at 30 fps nor can my computer write BMPs on the fly at 30 fps.  So I have to slow down the film when I do this.  What would help this method would be if HT could give us better control over speed--instead of a slider maybe give us a .5 speed, 0.25 speed.  Then maybe a function that does the rapid screenshots for you.  Or like I said before, program my SGE software to do the tapping for me--too lazy to do that now.  

Thanks for the suggestion on snagit. THis was educational.  

Offline RebootSequence

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2001, 09:52:00 PM »
BUTTONS! Make them cancel if you mouseup off the button instead of being stuck with whatever you accidently pressed.  For example a lot of times i find myself in a rush to up from a field and clicks are going everywhere and I wind up hitting something like the webpage charts button and since there is no way to cancel i'm stuck waiting for it to flip out of ah and load browser.  ARRGH.  There is no reason why the buttons should behave like this, they don't do this in any other program I've ever seen.

-sequence

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
1.  Higher perk bonus factor for returning
    to base.  Even higher for successful     landing on CV.

2.  Don't have base ack shoot at chutes.       This is inhumane.  Have them save their ammo and just capture me and offer me a cigarette instead.

3.  More JAPANESE PLANES.

4.  Seaplanes.  Air/Sea rescue (if you land a gunner-capable plane near a friendly chute OTG (within a 25 yds), you can accept that pilot as a gunner).   Big points for this!
PBY?

5.  More perk planes.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »
Stuka,Me110,f4f,oscar and finally Ki 84.Oh,and the engine overheat causing damage(like Camo mentioned) should be a priority fix..<S!>
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
More true divebombers (e.g. SBD Dauntless).

Actually create a stat for "vulches".  They still count as kills and deaths, but they're separated out for our viewing pleasure/pain.  Question here would be where is the line drawn for when the plane still counts as a vulch?  Wheels still on ground?  X seconds after liftoff?

Those are the only suggestions I have that haven't been seen before (well, that I haven't seen before.)  

Re-iteration of famous/infamous ideas.

Perk the CHog.  Not just because of the Hispanos, but because there weren't that many in service in WWII, and you can't go anywhere in MA without seeing a CHog.  Every Corsair I've seen in a historical show on TV had 6 .50 calibre MGs.  I didn't even know there was a Corsair model with 20mm cannons until I played Aces High.  It sounds like a special plane to me, and I thought that's what the perk system was all about.

Try out the historical arena idea.  Each tour of duty will have a specific plane set.  Add older model planes (Spit mkI, e.g.) for the pre '42 - '43 tours.  Introduce the newer models for the next tour, possibly phasing out the older models.  

[This message has been edited by Nifty (edited 04-30-2001).]
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »
Great Ideas, saw a couple of things I was thinking of posted so Ill just reitterate them.

1.  Trains and supply ships.  These could be used to resupply fields and cities under attack.  Itd offer targets of opprtunity and when damaged or destroyed would affect rebuild times.

2.  PBY or other recon planes.  What would be cool with this is when working in conjunction with the fleet as an FO.  They could circle the target area, and select a target, a ship, or a land target.  This information could be displayed on the ship for the gunners as range and heading information allowing them to adjust fire.

3.  Enhance the perk system or drop it altogether.  Its a great idea. It just needs to grow a bit.  Tons of good ideas on how to do so.

4.  Icons - Ditto, tons of great ideas for this as well that would enhance immersion.

Thats it for me.

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2001, 04:08:00 PM »
Many good ideas here.  I'll add my two cents.

As a buff pilot, I'd like to be able to hear when my gunners fire.  It would be especially cool if tail guns were fainter than forward guns.

/S/ MRPLUTO, VMF-323 "Death Rattlers"

------------------

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
Here are my wishes for Christmas  

1. I love the PBY idea {Maybe to make that plane applicable have a small radar range}

2. Maybe an SBD Dive Bomber.

3. Mosquito for my bud RHood  

4. How about a new tank?!?!  

5. Boy I am gonna catch some hell for this... HOW ABOUT A B-29???

I guess my greatest wish is that when new planes are added it be just that NEW planes, not an additional version of the 109 or 190

I mean I am sure that Japan is not the only country that flew German planes so I bet there were Allied partners that flew American planes.....Right??? But I doubt that we need to make to many additional same planes different markings, I mean whats the point.

Maybe to be fair to all players, and not seem discriminatory, each patch HT should try and add 1 NEW plane from each major super power and each plane be respective to its RL first productions dates. I.E. Select 4 or 5 new plane sets that were in production in 1943, THAT WE DON'T HAVE RIGHT NOW, from each of the super powers. And try to launch those plane sets in the next patch.

Just a thought though.

[This message has been edited by Jebo44 (edited 04-30-2001).]

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
Make me Indestructable so i dont keep getting shot down. lol

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
Some good ideas.  
I hope HT of Pyro take note.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
Engine Management) Would add immersion and much more realism to the game

Damage Modelling) Add more systems that could be damaged and more situations such as Electrical systems, undercarriage damage engine fires + Fire Extinguishers etc. Also Graphical damage bullet holes etc.

More Aircraft  

A bigger role for transport aircraft + more of them! The ability to use them to resupply the airfields etc.

B29  

Improvements to the GUI I find the system a bit cumbersome and very unforgiving sometimes.

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2001, 02:07:00 PM »
Yeah I love the idea of the supply air craft Good idea whomever!

Offline Spooky67

• Zinc Member
      • http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alain.mattia/
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
Low-cost perk Me163 rocket interceptor - only at hq...
A26 Invader (lots of variants possible)
PBY
Mosquito !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A dedicated sight for boat gunners
Smoke screens for PT boats
Kickass battleships with bigger guns !(calling Dr Freud please...   )
Twice as much acks on ships but with realistic traverse/tracking time...

King tiger perk tank.
M10 tank destroyer.
Self-propelled howitzers.

No bar dar when flying under radar coverage.

alarm sounded at airbase only when enemy in visual range...

[This message has been edited by Spooky67 (edited 05-02-2001).]