Author Topic: AAR for Sunday 18 Mar Check-6, ETO  (Read 131 times)

Rojo

AAR for Sunday 18 Mar Check-6, ETO
« on: March 18, 2001, 07:42:00 PM »
News from the front:  The Luftwaffe handed the combined air forces of the United States and Great Britain a narrow defeat today in the skies over Europe.  The marginally outnumbered German airmen managed to collect 400 victory points, a 100 piont lead over the Allied pilots.

The Allies took the lead early with the capture of first A3 then A4.  The Axis countered by capturing A33, at which point a stalemate appeared to exist over the front -- the points at that time was 200 pts to 200 pts.  The Germans choose to hit medium fields, unlike the Allies who took only small fields.  A daring strike on the Luftwaffe base A2 handed the lead to the Allies, and it looked like the Allies were destined to win the frame.

Germany gathered the last of their strength and threw everything they had at the Allied base at A34. With less than two minutes left, the last of their elite airborne troops stormed the map room and captured it...talk about winning by the skin of their teeth!

Final score was 400 pts to 300 in the Axis' favor.  The top scoring aces on the Axis side were Drex (8 kills) and Hazed (5 kills). Top scoring pilots for the Allies were Zigrat and GA (with 3 kills each).

All and all, a closely fought event.  Special thanks goes to Camo, who volunteered to co-CM the event with me.  Like me, he didn't know the CM who was supposed to run this event would have an emergency, and be unavailable.  Thanks also to all the participants for their patience. Camo and I didn't have the set-up tables to load, and had to set everything up by hand (good thing I had printed the darn write-up, else wise we'd have been in a world of hurt).  Hope everyone enjoyed it.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2001, 11:22:00 PM »
<S>
Thanks for covering the event!  
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2001, 06:22:00 AM »
I had a blast!  

And if I'm not totally incorrect, Drex got those 8 kills and also a field capture.  And didn't die once.  Not bad.    

<S!>

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
Aaaah yes, and who set the allies up the bomb?

No mention of the courageous pilots who, despite their better judgements,  took out the acks and fh's at the two captured bases by themselves?

No mention of Kirin's heroic C47 mission?

I am gonna break my arm padding my back if someone doesn't do it for me.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"You filthy piece of distended rectum! DIE allierte schweinhund!"