Author Topic: WW2OL Revisited  (Read 5881 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #300 on: September 26, 2002, 02:53:33 PM »
AKSWulfe,

Say that again...
You have an agenda to oppose WWIIOL.

Does the word 'hypocrit' say anything?-)

Let's see how this edits (still with the original contex, just for testing)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 06:22:18 PM by Fishu »

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #301 on: September 26, 2002, 02:53:59 PM »
Hardcase, you are only repeating yourself at this point. I have told you repeatedly that CRS sucks. Their implementation sucks. It can't get better unless they get a new team.

I have no desire to continue repeating myself, and this has been a good time killer at work, but I am leaving to go home and play AH, Il2, and OFP... <--- all those games work!
-SW

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2002, 02:54:56 PM »
Personal invective is the hallmark of poor language and debating skills.  Since there has been a demand for a full scale online war and you think it is so easy, can you think of one reason why it was never attempted before? I suspect it is very complicated with server sharing technology, where one player can be on one server and his buddy in the gunner seat is on another for example. 55 damage areas on one tank for another example. Easy to do. Hell boy lets get together and make us a war sim!

hardcase

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2002, 02:55:29 PM »
Fishu, I don't go to WW2Ol boards and post about it at all. I don't go anywhere else and post about it, at all.

I don't call people liars, and I don't try to change their opinion about a game.

So say what you want, it's obvious who the liar and hypcrite is.
-SW

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2002, 02:55:54 PM »
CRS is doing just fine even with your not likey em.

hardcase

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #305 on: September 26, 2002, 02:56:39 PM »
One last thing-> Hardcase, that's exactly why you have WW2Ol today.

No experts, lot of dreamers== uber cluster diddly.

Good day.
-SW

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #306 on: September 26, 2002, 03:03:43 PM »
I will back dreamers anyday, especailly when the dream is coming true. Sorry you think CRS has no talent. Perhaps they have enough to bring this off. I guess we will never see your ID in there. I will look for it in a year.

hardcase

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #307 on: September 26, 2002, 03:04:34 PM »
AKSWulfe,

I only say someone is lying when there actually is a lie.
I do have my honours.

In one case there was an obvious lie.

Neither am I trying to convince anyone to change their opinion of a game.
If someone doesn't like a game, it isn't reasonable to expect him to change his mind.
To me it sounds like many people in the thread are trying to turn away people from WWIIOL and sometimes it looks like they're trying to make me and hardcase to dislike WWIIOL.

I'm not trying to be hostile here, so why are you?

Like in one occasion where Kieren posted a constructive post where he looked at things objectively, I did reply to it in totally unargumentive manner.
I don't make the arguments, I reply to the arguments.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 03:07:27 PM by Fishu »

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #308 on: September 26, 2002, 03:05:00 PM »
btw you do know they and dale and doug were cut from the same cloth. Perhaps if they aimed lower they would have..no wait..we already have serveral of those.

hardcase

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #309 on: September 26, 2002, 03:13:55 PM »
I remember a time when WWIIOL had 12,000-15,000 players on at a time.

I remember multiple servers maxed out at 1,000.

I remember an endless supply of enemy.

I remember a BBS that had members that said things like "I'll be glad when you guys that are complaining are gone".

I remember when the people actually left.

I remember how it became difficult to fill one 1,000 player server.

I remember just about when the offers started hitting my mailbox to re-up for a month for free.

I remember that when I tried, the game hadn't changed much at all.

I remember subscribing for another go, and it still hadn't progressed.

I remember warning the sycophants they would regret rushing folks out the door.

It occurs to me... if the game is doing so well, why the need to spam this board for players?

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #310 on: September 26, 2002, 03:24:19 PM »
You are assuming about my motives..begging the argument. I have no intention of "spamming for players". You want to talk about ww2ol in this forum, I will be right there with you.  I suspect that only the 4 or 5 of us here are paying any attention.

How is ww2ol offering returnees..and I fully understand why ppl left early on, an opportunity to play for themselves, or a freebie for all for some length of time, something bad?  I suspect that Strat First wont allow CRS to allow free d/l and constant  2 week freebie like AH does to attract players. I know for certain they wil not allow CRS to sell CD key codes in the US. To bad Dale doesnt offer freebie for all,so I could check it out again.

The bottom line is still, want to talk about ww2ol? I will be more than willing to do so.

hardcase
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 03:27:05 PM by hardcase »

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #311 on: September 26, 2002, 03:28:25 PM »
I believe more are left than are at HTC. Is that suppose to be a dig? This has what to do with ww2ol?

hardcase

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2002, 03:29:08 PM »
Tardcase wrote:
You mean you guys really think ppl should try it to find out if they like it or not and not trying to turn ppl off before they even look? That is great! Good to know you guys think some ppl might find it quite enjoyable.

Nice sarcasm!

No I DON'T think people should try it and YES I AM trying to turn people off before they look.

I look at WWIIO like it's shoving a hot poker up my ass. Sure some retards like you might like it but should we encourage it?
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2002, 03:35:50 PM »
Point, Match, Game

There it is. Wanting any sim to fail detracts from all simmers. I would not like to see wb or ah fail. People enjoy it, ppl make their livings off of them. Now you, you behave like a child.

Enjoy the poker, I will try to find more for you.

hardcase

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #314 on: September 26, 2002, 03:40:07 PM »
Originally posted by hardcase
So you do admit that ww2ol is more complex than a simpler stable game. Probalby more complex than AH? I like complexity in my gameplay and I am willing to overlook bugs and continue to support it. You like simpler more stable games.
Ummmm.... I read through this whole thread and didn't see a single person mention that WW2OL was not "more complex".  I think where most seem to be differing is that "more complex" seems to be coming at quite a price... and if that price is worth it.

I also believe that "more complex" is sometimes used as a replacement for "less efficient".  As in... sometimes games run slow because their engine is "less efficient" and not that its "more complex".
BTW..it has always been stable on my systems. I dont CTD.
Must be the sims fault huh?
What you simply fail to realize is that you are in the minority.  Just like those that didn't experience CTDs with the first 1.10 patches were.  Strange that HTC managed to find a bug that only affected some people running the same software as others.

What really cracks me up is the insistance that since one person does not have a problem with a game, then others shouldn't be either... and if they are... its because of something they did.  Thankyou for bringing that to this thread hardcase.

AKDejaVu