Author Topic: Something Annoying  (Read 169 times)

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Something Annoying
« on: September 23, 2002, 04:49:54 AM »
This is something really annoying but a don't really see how it can be fixed. There you are on the edge of a furball when a spitniki or lame7 decides to come after you co E you extend out but his dweeb guns spray and you get one ping,no damage. After that he gets away you furball merrily for a while longer then rtb gas. As you are going home another dweeb plane intercepts you, you run outta gas and the HO is the only option. You kill him, he gets your wingtip or another damge like that you crack up on landing and the dweeb 1 sector away gets the kill cause he pinged you once. No damage, no witnesses to confirm kill. As I said dont know how it could be fixed and I am just ranting.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Something Annoying
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 08:14:10 AM »
As I understand the way that kills are awarded, the kill goes to the plane that did the most damage to you, while pieces coming off your plane depend on damage to specific areas. So in your example, you take one ping and your wing spar is badly damaged, but not enough to make a wingtip come off, and then the second guy shoots you up and does the little bit of damage necessary to get the wingtip to come off -- so the first hit still did more damage.

One way to do it would be to have kill credit 'expire' after a period of time. For example, if you got into a furball, got shot up a bit, and spent ten or fifteen minutes flying back to your base, but augered in because you didn't notice that you'd lost a flap and the asymmetric lift rolled you over (or lost a gear and came down too hard, etc.).

The time limit would need to be set high enough so that you would have to be in control of your plane for an extended period of time after being shot up in order to erase the 'claim' on you if you die/bail.

Another way to handle it would be for a pilot to retain a kill 'claim' as long as their target remains visible from their plane -- if your target remains flyable long enough to get out of visible range from you, then you wouldn't have claimed them as a kill. You would need to add an additional condition that you retain kill credit as long as your target remains visible to a friendly airfield (representing the people on the ground who can confirm your kill)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Something Annoying
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 09:45:12 AM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
This is something really annoying but a don't really see how it can be fixed. There you are on the edge of a furball when a spitniki or lame7 decides

Believe me it happens when  panzy pony's, fairy whiners, blooo planes  et all do it as well...........
Ludere Vincere

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
Something Annoying
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2002, 09:54:19 AM »
.squelch 6,  it makes that kind of thing so much less a bother  :)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Something Annoying
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2002, 12:26:21 PM »
Originally posted by JimBear
.squelch 6,  it makes that kind of thing so much less a bother  :)

punt! :)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Something Annoying
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2002, 12:36:35 PM »
1. Manage your fuel better
2. I'm suprised you managed to escape all the "spitniki and lame7"s in your obviously inferior ride with only 1 ping
3. An HO is never the only option

AKDejaVu

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Something Annoying
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2002, 04:09:26 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu

I'm suprised you managed to escape all the "spitniki and lame7"s in your obviously inferior ride with only 1 ping

1. Nothing (read as: Absolutely Nothing) is inferior to the La-7 or Spitfire if your plane is flown properly.
2. See line 1

Gainsie