Author Topic: Joystick Settings  (Read 310 times)

Offline Uncle

• Zinc Member
Joystick Settings
« on: September 20, 2002, 06:57:19 PM »
Did a search but didn't get any results.
My stick is very twitchy with the default pitch, roll, yaw, deadband and damper settings. What settings would you guys recommend?

Thx.

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Joystick Settings
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 08:35:08 PM »
what type of stick are you using? have you cal'd your stick in windows or the game? try this link (i didn't make it, someone else gets credit for that :))
http://www.netaces.org/ahmain/siteframe.html#title

remember you have to select each axis individually, ie pitch, roll, rudder. after setting each axis, remember to hit apply, then ok.  I keep my roll and pitch near the top settings, rudder way down near the bottom to keep nose bounce down...actually, i still have too much nose bounce! feel free to email for specific q's, I can help get you into the ball park for stick settings.

good luck

bockk

Offline Uncle

• Zinc Member
Joystick Settings
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2002, 01:13:13 AM »
Thanks for the speedy reply Bockko, the link is most instructive.

BTW, I have a MS FF2 stick.

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
Joystick Settings
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2002, 06:09:19 AM »
Bring up your clip board go to joystick and adj your pitch slider for a log type curve, maybe up you damping a bit also.

Then flying offline climb to 5k or so 2k whatever fly due N, type
  .target 400 or whatever you  use for convergence.

Let your plane get to max speed then get as close to the bullseye center as ya can and let the target have it with your fav plane and watch where ur rounds go

you can adj the sight pipper with paint shop, photoshop, paint shop pro etc up/dwn left /right until you get your rounds to land where ya want. using this you will quickly see how much your j-stick input is bouncin the nose around, if it still is then its bk to the pitch setup adj the slider curve or give it more damping until your comfortable with it, but ( always a but ) dont go hog wild with the damping cause it will cause ur elevator to move more slowly across the entire pitch curve.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Joystick Settings
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2002, 08:25:25 AM »
Originally posted by Uncle
Thanks for the speedy reply Bockko, the link is most instructive.
BTW, I have a MS FF2 stick.

i have the MS FFB2 as well...  try these settings... (zipped stick.cfg file).  before you unzip this in the HTC/AH/settings  folder, copy the current stick.cfg file to some same place ( or rename it to like origstick.cfg).

i don't use the profile software except to set force feedback effects at medium levels for both effects.  in game i only use trim, stall and buffect effects - all set at 100%.

if you ever reinstall the MS FFB2 software, be sure to reinstall dx8.1a (or whichever) so that AH will recognize the stick properly.

hope this helps.  be sure to calibrate in game once you've unzipped this file to the settings folder.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Uncle

• Zinc Member
Joystick Settings
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2002, 07:47:57 AM »
Thanks Shane, will try it out tomorrow!