Author Topic: Keeping it interesting...  (Read 135 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Keeping it interesting...
« on: September 05, 2000, 11:59:00 AM »
Like some other hard core flightsim addicts, I've been at this for a LONG time, and got kinda bored with it lately....

Then, along comes the CT <cough> discussion, and I decided to try flying using only manual trims, just to see how much "pilot workload" has been automated.  Very interesting.

Also, on a whim, I jumped in an La-5 for field defense.  Wow!  Under 10k that thing is GOOD.  Time to learn a new plane.

I think I can hang on until 1.04 is released.  

popeye

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2000, 12:18:00 PM »
I find the LA5 to be best between 10k and 15k, so many people under-estimate the plane as well.  I haven't flown it much, but had alot of success in it earlier in the year, it was my plane of choice.  Fights in vertical very well, and can dive away from everything except a P51 and P47 (Yes, it can dive at high speed, even from the 190)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2000, 01:59:00 PM »
 I too "found" the La5 last week. Matter of fact I had one of the best dogfights I have ever had flying online and it was against a lone enemy P-51 at about 2-5k alt. After some time of intense rolls and evasives I finally plowed the nose in due to the damage I received from my opponants guns.
 I was surprised and then quite honored to see that my opponant turned out to be HiTech himself. The compliment he gave me for the dogfight is about the finest I'v have ever recevied online and the memory of the wet palms and tight knuckles will stay with me for quite a long time.

I'm far from being bored      And I'm enjoying trying out aircraft I've not flown much at all.

-Westy

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2000, 07:29:00 PM »
I've flown the la5 a little myself recently.  It is one of the best fighters until it gets to  about 8k.  Then it becomes only average in climb.  My only real problem with it is the nose of the plane makes deflection shooting difficult.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

funked

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2000, 07:38:00 PM »
La-5FN is a bad bellybutton mofo.  Below 15k it is a pain in the bellybutton for any fighter.  It's a Fw's nightmare.