Author Topic: Call to arms...support your TOD  (Read 161 times)

Rojo

Call to arms...support your TOD
« on: September 05, 2000, 02:33:00 PM »
We're planning a couple of air-ground battles for the TOD guys this Thursday and Saturday (a repeat of last week's mission), and I'm looking for volunteers to drive the armored assault column...the more the merrier.  Because of balance issues, the Red Air Force was anhilated when we tried this the first time; so I have declared it a "do over."  This time out, I'm going to adjust the side ratios a bit, and change some arena settings that may have contributed to the Soviet debacle.

Here's the premise: The Whermach is making a local counterattack against a Red Army supply depot in order to spoil a planned Soviet offensive. The Germans are supporting the attack with fighter cover. For their part, the Russians are mainly equiped with local defense fighters with virtually no air-to-ground capability. Fortunately, a recent British Lend-Lease shipment included a hand-full of Typhoon fighters. They are all that stands between the Germans and the supply depot, so they're sent into the fray even before the Red Air Force can even repaint them in Soviet colors.

The armored column will consist of tanks, flakpanzers, and troop-tracks. Their chore will be to go from a spawn point to the supply depot and attempt to damage it. The Russians will attempt to stop them, while the Luftwaffe will attempt to protect them.

Why should you participate as targets? Well, maybe because you're all such great chaps who like a challange. Or maybe because you'd like a chance to shoot down someone who is seriously motivated to stay alive. You see, TOD is a one-life-to-live series of scenarios. Knock one of these guys out, and they're out for the duration. So if you're interested in driving a vehicle, be in the SEA at 2145 EST this Thursday. If you think you'll be able to help, post here so I can get an idea of the turn-out. Thanks.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Rojo

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2000, 10:00:00 AM »
<punt>

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
Yup...tankin' still sounds fun  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline buhdman

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2000, 11:14:00 AM »
Rojo,

I could probably be talked into doing this again.

buhdman, out

------------------
Walt (buhdman) Barrow
(formerly lt-buhd-lite)
The Buccaneers - "Return with Honor"
home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow

Rojo

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2000, 02:20:00 PM »
<punt> to insure everyone sees it.

Offline snafu

• Silver Member