Author Topic: Enlighten me  (Read 1276 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2000, 06:10:00 PM »
RAM...I don't agree with most of what you've said, but to do what you said in your last post is just childish, and by your own words, cowardice.  Now, I don't think it'd make you a coward, but you seem to...take this post at face value - i'm not trying to slip anything in sideways here.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2000, 06:18:00 PM »

Originally posted by SOB:
RAM...I don't agree with most of what you've said, but to do what you said in your last post is just childish, and by your own words, cowardice.  Now, I don't think it'd make you a coward, but you seem to...take this post at face value - i'm not trying to slip anything in sideways here.

SOB

Childish? no

Tired? yes.

I dont see why must I die clearing sixes of people that wont do the same for me.

"What you give is what you get"-------->the most stupid lie in history

So I will do what others do. Coward?...LOL no, you all lost your chance of getting my help. I will give just the same as I get.

If that is childish, then I like being a child. At least I wont feel pissed because I do try to help all those who need me, for no reward.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 09-06-2000).]

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2000, 06:41:00 PM »
RAM...the reward is that you played the game like YOU think it should be played, and you had fun.  The one point out of this whole thread that you're missing is that not everyone shares your opinion, and they shouldn't have to.  Someone has alt on you, and they run from a fight, Someone is facing you one vs. one and HOs you, a teammate doesn't call your six, WHO GIVES A toejam?!?  They had their reasons, they'll continue to have their reasons, and that won't change.  So why get all huffy about it?  Bah, nevermind!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2000, 06:44:00 PM »

Originally posted by SOB:
WHO GIVES A toejam

Heh...I guess that till tonight I did.

Good thing that each day you learn a bit more...mostly about each one's way of rewarding other's actions.

They had their reasons, they'll continue to have their reasons, and that won't change. So why get all huffy about it? Bah, nevermind!

And now I have MY reasons.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 09-06-2000).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Enlighten me
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2000, 06:49:00 PM »
Ram,

Some people think someone not saying anything ruins the game.  Others think that whining all the time ruins it.

Its definately a case where the loudest person does not necessarily win.

AKDejaVu

bug

Enlighten me
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2000, 07:44:00 PM »
The thing to consider in this debate is who's  high and who runs.Players like myself who have only been flying for a few months try anything and everything to stay alive and get kills. Confidence helps build skills and vice versa. There are a lot of less skilled players in AH just waiting to bounce guys like Ram,ice or hblair. Hanging around a furball with players of your caliber only leads to a long flight back to the action.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2000, 12:17:00 AM »
Some guys get their kicks from always fighting from an advantage, and extending when it doesn't exist.

Others go in just to die to save time.

Me, I find kills from an advantage amusing, but noot nearly as satisfying as a low level intensive furball reversal, or a co alt co e 1v1.

I try to live, even though my k/d probably should be higher.  .

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Ice

Enlighten me
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2000, 09:03:00 AM »
Goodness RAM!

Why change who ya are and how ya fly due to posts on a bbs?

Helping your mates is honorable....dying for others that are reckless and don't care is stupid. There is a marked difference between the two.

If I can help someone I will....If by doing so, it guarantees my death, I won't.

Anyone who would get mad at me because I wont commit suicide due to their reckless flying style ie...diving into an overwhelming enemy  presence and then bleeding all their E...doesn't deserve any help....If I see a mate who is in trouble with 2 or 3 enemy closing on them, I'll be there in a New York Minute and do the best I can to clear their six.

Be true to who you are my little Spaniard...dont let this BBS dictate how you fly

I'm Out!

Oh...BTW....get rid of that LW casket you drive and hop in a REAL Aircraft like the P-51, and ya might have more fun...it certainly is more of a challenge to fly

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2000, 09:21:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ice:
Goodness RAM!

Why change who ya are and how ya fly due to posts on a bbs?

NO,no, Ice...not nearly...In MA is the same, countless times I dive to clear someone's six  from multiple bandits and when I zoom out a bugger gets my blind point (low six in a Fw190) and kills me with no warning at all from the people surrounding (usually more than 1 or 2 or 3...you get my point). The thing is that this happens at least one time per night, and I am not going to have this problem any more. I wont be the only sptupid that risks his "virtual" skin to save other's butt, and still be killed after it because the 6 country guys over me think that the SA is my responsability not theirs (with a F!"·$!ing con in my damned blind spot, oh yeah).

Bassically I help for no reward. And I am simply tired of it...the BBS is only a side-effect of this tiredness, here I see just the same story than in MA...you must care of your SA, its not our problem, etc etc etc.

so, it is my problem. It is big enough for me, so next time I see someone lower with a con on his six I will be "VERY BUSY" trying to care about my SA.  

Oh...BTW....get rid of that LW casket you drive and hop in a REAL Aircraft like the P-51, and ya might have more fun...it certainly is more of a challenge to fly   (Image removed from quote.)[/b]

Lol...Did it in last tour for 3 days. 40/13 K/D in it flying it very agressively (I.E. no running away when in disadvantage, trying to fight 3-1 odds, and so   ). In fact it is slightly better than my K/D with Fw190A5...

It's a nice bird...but I am a Würger pilot  

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 09-07-2000).]

Offline Vila

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flyingpigs.com
Enlighten me
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2000, 10:17:00 AM »

On the other side of the coin there are the wonderful guys that help a mate even with a con in his six (thanks vila, for that one yesterday)...of course it turns out that if he does it, the just cleared guy can then clear your own butt (heheh  was nice to kill that niki ).

Roger That RAM, was my pleasure, and thanks for the clear in return!

Vila

>[This message has been edited by Vila (edited 09-07-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2000, 10:54:00 PM »
Never, ever, abandon your wingie.

Not even if it means certain death.

By all means, tell him to bug and start bugging yourself, but if they're catching him, reverse full throttle, unless it is utterly clear that you have no chance of making it there in time.

Because of this, flying with a wingie is actually more dangerous than lone wolfing, but also a lot more fun, and more effective (i.e we can actually stop an attack instead of just running away from it)
That's my view on things. Ice, ya lone wolf or fly with a wingie?

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Ice

Enlighten me
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2000, 09:44:00 AM »
StSanta....

For about four years I winged with one pilot...Voss....he is on his way to this sim shortly.

Currently I fly lonewolf...when I perish, its ALL my fault.

I do owe kudos to Thunder for saving my butt last night...I had stayed on minus in his 190 a bit too long to keep E, but I love killin LW While Minus did his imitation of a comet falling to earth, 2 spits and a niki were ib my position and I was low and slow...Thunder dove thru and cleared them off of me and I rtb'd...low fuel.

This may sound cold, but Voss and I have a policy...If ya get stupid, your on your own.

Now oddly enough, what this has done for us both over the years is teach us to stay sharp re: SA, airspeed and gunnery. We never expect to be responsible for each others safety...we work together well, dont even need voice comms after four years...neither of us wants the other to die because one of us made a stupid error...we fight as a team and help each other, but dont take anything for granted.

What can I say...it works for us

As far as leaving your wingman...I would only leave if my wingy told me to bug...which Voss would everytime...no need for ones mistake to kill us both.

I'm Out!

GronK

Enlighten me
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2000, 12:55:00 PM »
Been trying to figure out whether RAM is over-compensating for an inferiority complex, or has a superiority complex.  Finally figured it out. Suggest he seek treatment as soon as possible for his delusions of adequacy.

------------------
Jus' cause yer paranoid don't mean I ain't out ta getcha.
GronK

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2000, 01:26:00 PM »
LOL!!!!!!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Enlighten me
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2000, 01:31:00 PM »
Voss is coming over? Cool!  Tell him Rip1 says <S>