Author Topic: gulf coasters fleeing ?  (Read 263 times)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
gulf coasters fleeing ?
« on: October 03, 2002, 01:18:53 AM »
I sure as hell would.. the size of that hurricane is HUGE

good luck all.. and get the heck out!

come visit wolfie :)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
gulf coasters fleeing ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 02:10:33 AM »
They say we are going to catch the edge of it, here in Houston.  The rains going to be a toad strangler.  But, you folks are going to take the hit. Good Luck to ya.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
gulf coasters fleeing ?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 09:00:39 AM »
Originally posted by easymo
They say we are going to catch the edge of it, here in Houston.  The rains going to be a toad strangler.  But, you folks are going to take the hit. Good Luck to ya.

nothin like Alicia back in '83....

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
gulf coasters fleeing ?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 01:41:30 PM »
Catgory 4 hurricane. You damn well better take it seriously. There is no good reason to screw around with that type of storm when you can get away. If you MUST stay (Emergency services, Law Enf, National Guard) then get your family out of the area. Good luck to all in the affected area!!! I have family within 100 miles of the Louisianna coast. I'm worried for them!!! :(
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
gulf coasters fleeing ?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 02:44:19 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Catgory 4 hurricane. You damn well better take it seriously. There is no good reason to screw around with that type of storm when you can get away. If you MUST stay (Emergency services, Law Enf, National Guard) then get your family out of the area. Good luck to all in the affected area!!! I have family within 100 miles of the Louisianna coast. I'm worried for them!!! :(

80% of my family lives in the Hammond, La area.  I remember what Alicia was like in 83.  SHe was catigory 4 (145 mph winds if I remember)  I talked to my grandpa last night and he wasn't worried,  this is while I'm watching the radar seeing this thing heading right for him.  

From what I understand it weakened into a catigory 2 storm so they probably just got soaked, which is bad enough in La.....

what part of Louisiana are your people in?

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
gulf coasters fleeing ?
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 02:57:22 PM »
yeah, just heard that too.. luckily it weakened.

gotta' trust those old guys :)

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
gulf coasters fleeing ?
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 03:49:12 PM »
Brief sitrep before I have to go back to conference calls and other things. As of 1500 central time there have been zero fatalities reported for this storm. That should alleviate some of the questions for you who have families in the stricken areas.

The storm eye approached Lafayette approximately 1200 central time. The winds had been diminished from the Cat 2 strength it had when it hit the coast. Right now, offhand, the worst hit areas are probably Lafayette and Abbeville, with lots of coastal flooding and loss of electrical power throughout the southern portion of the state.

Hope this helps you guys with families down here, and don't fret if you can't get in touch with the persons who lived in the hit areas, chances are they got smart and evacuated.